Why become a member? ×

A dangerous combination

FinnDave

I was suffering from the temptations of a dangerous combination of boredom, too much alcohol, the internet, and a credit card last night. The rest of this is arriving tomorrow in the form of a brand new Gibson EB 4 bass. Two humbuckers, Babizc bridge & a full scale set neck for the price of a Mexican P bass has to be good value. If it arrives on time, I'll gig it tomorrow night!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1505456453' post='3371972']
Good work. I've always loved the look of the EB3 and fancy I'd play/sound just like Andy Frazer if I had one.
[/quote]

The EB4 is a completely different animal, long scale, different shaped body, seems to have been around a few years but not caught on. I searched on this forum and got zero hits (maybe I'm just no good at searching!).

Looks like this, but mine should be in sunburst: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/USA/EB-Bass-4-String.aspx

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1505456763' post='3371975']
I can feel your anticipation for tonight's gig. I hope it goes well for you.

Even if the bass doesn't get to you in time, I am looking forward to your NBD photos.
[/quote]

Cheers, It'll be a Gibson gig either way as I'll take my Thunderbird whether the EB arrives or not.