Why become a member? ×

Pub 'reluctant' to pay

dazza14

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1502095201' post='3349191']
[u]Note[/u]: The site parser thinks I broke the mark-up language text. I didn't but I think that spanning two pages with the multi-quote button might have upset the system.
[/quote]

Goddamit I hate it when the site parser leaps to conclusions.
Who the hell does he think he is ? :D

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1502126556' post='3349480']
Red Lion, Cropredy. If its still the same landlord as 2 / 3 years ago, avoid like the plague

They tried a big stunt on us and apparently, as we found out later, we were not the only ones
[/quote]

People who used to run that left under a bit of a cloud and came to run a pub in the village I live in. They were OK, but not great. We played for them quite a few times without any problems. They are out of the pub business at the moment.

Oh dear :)

Sounds like them Dave, but it seems some didint have any problems with them, but we certainly did, and not just us

Our problem was the night we turned up for our booked gig, there was around 6 people in the whole pub. LL basically freaked ( unknown to us ) and tried some really underhand tactics to do a financial damage limitation scam

It didnt work. The threat from our drummist was enough

PS
I should now add that if they left The Red Lion, then its not on the name and shame list anymore

Edited by fleabag

[quote name='Jakester' timestamp='1502121783' post='3349432']
If you have a written contract, then that's even better, but just because the terms are not written down doesn't mean they aren't legally binding.
[/quote]
How do you go about proving the existence of a verbal contract?

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1502127192' post='3349486']
Goddamit I hate it when the site parser leaps to conclusions.
Who the hell does he think he is ? :D
[/quote]

Could have been worse. Ped might have got the site parsnip out and threatened me with a root vegetable. He seems like a good sort so I'm glad I didn't upset the site that badly.