Why become a member? ×

Will my fingers make it?

Funkmaster

I've got the most intense playing week (and a half) that I've ever had coming up - 12 bookings in 10 days - starts Friday, culminating in the last day where I'm playing in a church in the morning, then in Whitby in the afternoon, then Wigan in the evening.

I'm looking forward to finding out if my finger ends survive.

To be honest - I'm looking forward to seeing if I survive!

David

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='32875' date='Jul 17 2007, 09:32 AM']I've got the most intense playing week (and a half) that I've ever had coming up - 12 bookings in 10 days - starts Friday, culminating in the last day where I'm playing in a church in the morning, then in Whitby in the afternoon, then Wigan in the evening.

I'm looking forward to finding out if my finger ends survive.

To be honest - I'm looking forward to seeing if I survive!

David[/quote]

If your fretting fingers start to bleed, I know an old Stevie Ray Vaughan trick - but you might not like it :)

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='32878' date='Jul 17 2007, 09:39 AM']If your fretting fingers start to bleed, I know an old Stevie Ray Vaughan trick - but you might not like it :)

Hamster[/quote]

Would that happen to involve superglue?

[quote name='endorka' post='32894' date='Jul 17 2007, 10:08 AM']You'll be fine, the hardest thing is remembering where you were the day before.

Jennifer[/quote]

+1 Like you wouldn't believe!!!
Toured for a month this past May, played nearly everynight, 26 gigs or something. My fingers were fine, no problems at all but ask me where i'd played the night before and i wouldn't have had a clue! lol
I don't get problems with my fretting fingers, sometimes i have slight issues with my right hand fingers but thats not because of the roundwounds, its because a couple of the polepieces on my Jazz bass are a bit sharp, lucky my touring basses were fitted with Barts! :)

Si

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='33063' date='Jul 17 2007, 02:34 PM']Thanks all for your replies - Homer's suggstion made me splutter tea all over my keyboard!

It'll be good training for the Colne blues weekend anyway.

David[/quote]

:) - looking forward to finally seeing the Welsh T Band at Colne, and hopefully Doctor Dave's lot too. I think Wayne58's band Slingshot are doing it too, can't wait.

Oh and good luck with the fingers Dave.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='33065' date='Jul 17 2007, 02:41 PM']:) - looking forward to finally seeing the Welsh T Band at Colne, and hopefully Doctor Dave's lot too. I think Wayne58's band Slingshot are doing it too, can't wait.

Oh and good luck with the fingers Dave.[/quote]

It would be great to see you at Colne Homer! Welsh T's got 7 gigs booked at Colne - so plenty of opportunity there!

Saw the first half of Dr Dave in Dr Blue on Sunday night - as enjoyable as ever - and will see him with ZZ Eliminator on Sunday this weekend when we are both on at the magnificent Clarence Festival in Wakefield.

Might be time to get the Colne 2007 thread going so we can see who'll be there that weekend.

David

Edited by Funkmaster

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='33225' date='Jul 17 2007, 07:24 PM']Welsh T himself will only have 75% of your worries, the great man being ...er....digitally challenged!!!

I'll give you a 10 min break on Sun aft. you poor old soul , so long as you put some chalk marks on the triumph!![/quote]

Cheers Dave!

Probably won't be the Triumph on Sunday - but might be the fretless! Nice bright LEDs to show me where to put my fingers!

Strangely it's the ceilidh bookings that'll do for my fingers - there's 5 over the next couple of weeks - usually about 3 hours of playing on the Triumph that I'm not really up to 'match fitness' on yet - but will be by the end of next week!

See you Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Dave

[quote name='RichardH' post='33001' date='Jul 17 2007, 01:07 PM']What about that liquid skin someone mentioned a while back?

MB1. :)

Germolene liquid skin,antisceptic,wont dry out your fingertips like superglue will, available in tesco and all good supermarkets and chemists of course.[/quote]