Why become a member? ×

MODERATOR HELP - Basschat top bar not working

dmccombe7

In order for anyone to have a meaningful go at fixing your problem you will need to provide the following information:

1. What kind of device are you using?
2. What operating system and version are you using?
3. What browser and version are you using?
4. Do you have any 3rd party browser extensions like Ad and/or script blockers in action?

If you are on a computer, the quickest test you can do is to try an alternative browser and see if the functionality is restored.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1499164703' post='3329594']
In order for anyone to have a meaningful go at fixing your problem you will need to provide the following information:

4. Do you have any 3rd party browser extensions like Ad and/or script blockers in action?

If you are on a computer, the quickest test you can do is to try an alternative browser and see if the functionality is restored.
[/quote]

What Big Red said :)

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1499164703' post='3329594']

[/quote]

Apologies had to go out today hence my late reply.

1. Toshiba Laptop PC
2. Windows 10
3. Google Chrome
4. Not that i know off. Always used Google Chrome as long as i can remember. Was all working last night when i was using it and haven't had any Windows updates in last few days.

I think this is what you are asking for.

Tried switching ON/OFF and still same.
To my knowledge nothing has changed on how i operate my laptop. I've been using Google Chrome for several years on this laptop.

Had to cut and paste to this "QUOTE" reply as i can't seem to add another post on my thread. It says its saving but never appears on the thread. ?
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1499185098' post='3329803']
Apologies had to go out today hence my late reply.

1. Toshiba Laptop PC
2. Windows 10
3. Google Chrome
4. Not that i know off. Always used Google Chrome as long as i can remember. Was all working last night when i was using it and haven't had any Windows updates in last few days.

I think this is what you are asking for.

Tried switching ON/OFF and still same.
To my knowledge nothing has changed on how i operate my laptop. I've been using Google Chrome for several years on this laptop.

Had to cut and paste to this "QUOTE" reply as i can't seem to add another post on my thread. It says its saving but never appears on the thread. ?
Dave
[/quote]

Tried opening with BING as someone suggested but still same. I also can't add a new post and can only add to a "quote" ???

still can't use top bar and can't comment on any post unless i add my comment to someone else's quote
Was able to click the "reply to this topic" button for this one but can't comment on the bottom box of any thread

Its making life very difficult and annoying trying to use BC and could do with some help sorting it out otherwise gonna end up deleting BC

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1499243447' post='3330166']
Hi Dave. I'm not one of the BC tech type team but will let them know.
[/quote]

Thanks Gary
I've tried what was suggested yesterday but no success.

Its only BC i'm having any issue with.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1499243617' post='3330167']

Thanks Gary
I've tried what was suggested yesterday but no success.

Its only BC i'm having any issue with.

Dave
[/quote]

Hi Dave

The only think I can think of is to delete your cache memory after logging out of BC, or just doing it anyway even if you can't log out. That could sort things out your end.

Send me an email [email protected] and perhaps I can log in as you and have a look at your settings though it seems the issue is at your end. Can you log in on your phone or another device to confirm that?

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1499243823' post='3330172']
Hi Dave

The only think I can think of is to delete your cache memory after logging out of BC, or just doing it anyway even if you can't log out. That could sort things out your end.

Send me an email [email protected] and perhaps I can log in as you and have a look at your settings though it seems the issue is at your end. Can you log in on your phone or another device to confirm that?

Cheers
ped
[/quote]

I don't have another device to log on i'm afraid.
When you say delete my cache memory where exactly is that. ie within BC or on my laptop. I use Norton to regularly clean up my files and delete unwanted ones.

I'll drop you an email.

As i said i've tried opening in different browsers and didn't help.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1499294691' post='3330644']
Open an incognito window in Chrome and try it.
[/quote]

What do you mean incognito window ?

It works perfect in Firefox as suggested by Chris. I would like to know what's causing the problem tho. As a retired engineering manager i hate solving a problem without knowing what the original fault was. I NEED TO KNOW. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

• 3 weeks later...