Why become a member? ×

Bl88dy great day....

The Burpster

Yesterday was a great day for me.... took day off work to go to London to pick up a new toy from a fellow BCer, completely out the blue Tuesady afternoon I was contacted by another BCer who wanted one that I had for sale and wanted it.....

Met up with BCer #1 at Kings X and did the deed with bass one, and put a huge grin on his face..... (thanks again Marc!) and then off to the Bass gallery to meet up for the other deal (again thanks Gareth!)....

Well I've now met two more BCers that are thoroughly decent folks amd the type of peeps that if we'd had more time I would like to sit and talk b8ll8x about basses and music with all day, AND got two bass transactions fullfilled that I'm very satisfied with....

To top that I had about an hour waffling with with Al at Bass Gallery about EUBs ( I still havent got enough confidence to take the plunge.....yet!) and he is very accomodating, and again I reitterate what a great place for a bass player to go!

to top that when I got home a part I have been waiting for, for my Jeep was there so I can get that mended..... Whilst I'm not above using pubic ( :) )transport I find it very hard having a vehicle stood that I cannot use because its thrown its teddies out the pram because of a £30 part.....

All in all went to bed throughly pleased last night.....

Although I couldn't afford it, I am well envious of you guys living in London!

It's all happening down there, loads to see and do...masses of music shops, venues and gigs....

I love Edinburgh, it is a fantastic city but would love to be around real hustle and bustle.

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='318175' date='Oct 30 2008, 09:30 AM']Although I couldn't afford it, I am well envious of you guys living in London!

It's all happening down there, loads to see and do...masses of music shops, venues and gigs....

I love Edinburgh, it is a fantastic city but would love to be around real hustle and bustle.

andy[/quote]

You should try living around these parts...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='318137' date='Oct 30 2008, 08:38 AM']To top that I had about an hour waffling with with Al at Bass Gallery about EUBs ( I still havent got enough confidence to take the plunge.....yet!) and he is very accomodating, and again I reitterate what a great place for a bass player to go![/quote]

Go on, take the plunge, I have a lovely Shuker EUB waiting for you haha!

Si

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='318163' date='Oct 30 2008, 09:19 AM']should have dropped me a line Bob, I would have popped over as well :)[/quote]

CK, I thought I'd be on a really tight schedule but as it was I had an hr free, yep it wouldve been great to see some other friendlies.....

Hell who knows I may have to 'pop' down again soon...... :huh:

[quote name='neepheid' post='318376' date='Oct 30 2008, 02:15 PM']Nothing happens up here, except eBay scams :huh:

Now that I can actually play some tunes, perhaps I could organise a NE Scotland Bass Bash... hmm.[/quote]
I'm sure all three of you would have a great time! :)
Haha i joke.

I do want to move to london though, maybe go to uni there, i love how much there is to do there and just the general feel of the place. Nottingham isn't too bad, but i just really like london, it's a totally different place to anywhere else i've been to.

Edited by budget bassist