Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Tokai Hard Puncher P Bass early 70s style white/maple
£425

CPCustomdubwise

For sale, my gorgeous Olympic white alder/ maple neck Tokai Hard Puncher P Bass.
I bought this about 6 years ago from a Swiss bass player....I wanted a classic 70s P and a bit of research suggested these are....well, you probably know how good they are.
It has some " issues"....effectively, it's been a bit tampered with...previous owner had put a F..... decal on; I meant to change it back but never got around to it. He also changed the tuners to enormous schallers; the ones now fitted are off a mid 80s Fender MIJ bass and are the right sort for the bass
The wear is real...the white has aged to a gorgeous custardy cream with a little wear-through in places. It has it's share of dings...and an odd drill hole beside the neckplate....strange strap placement, perhaps. The neck is just amazing....now a fabulous amber hue, straight and true and delicious to play...just the right handful There is a crack in the finish by the E tuner, but it is not through the wood and is stable.
Nut is a smidge under 42mm....weight is around 9lb 1oz in old money...neck pocket is tight....truss does it's thing.
It's a fantastic bass ... but I'm after something, so it's for sale. No trades, really, unless you have a decent octave pedal and some cash. But money, as they say, talks.
Listing from my phone....in case there are any absurd spelling mistakes....
Will add some pics later this evening.

This is a vintage P bass for a quarter of the cost of the other sort that it looks very like...pity about the decal fakery.... but at least the mojo is real!
Sounds like DeeDee...Simonon...Pete Farndon...which is what I was looking for, and maybe you are too....?

Edited by CPCustomdubwise

[quote name='CPCustomdubwise' timestamp='1493059143' post='3285303']

.....Sounds like DeeDee...Simonon...Pete Farndon...which is what I was looking For, and maybe you are too....?
[/quote]

Tokai Hardpunchers are superb basses - especially the vintage ones. Looks the biz, and very DeeDee / Simonon
If I needed another P bass, I'd be so sorely tempted by this!
GLWTS - someone is indeed, going to be a very happy new owner

These are just awesome can truely vauch for them I have one too maple board 3.6 kg Sen ash body which this one prolly also has.
Very resonant and growly but can also be very warm. Neck is just the right size.
Slap fingers style pic everything works

I play that bass all the time, and I have basses the cost couple of multiple times more!

I haven't heard one that was bad they are very consistent go on youtube searching for hard puncher you'll Find out