Why become a member? ×

ASHDOWN ABM EVO II RACKMOUNTED HEAD ??

hrl_damo

Hi guys and gals,

need some advise. I am looking to upgrade my head amp from an Ashdown Superfly to a Ashdown ABM EVO II Rackmounted head amp.

I have read up on the amp and it would give me perfect power etc my only concern is that on the back there is only 1 speaker output. How would this work with two cabs...I have 1x15 and 4x10 Ashdown MAG DEEP CABS.

I dont want to order this head online and find that I cannot use it with both cabs...

Am I missing somehting with this or is this a real issue?

Please help people!!! :)

There's 2 speaker outputs :). Both SpeakOn connectors rather than standard jack, your MAG cabs will have both available.

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=abm&ID=55"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.as...n=abm&ID=55[/url]

So I finally ordered the amp with soundslive.co.uk and it was dispatched today so hopefully will receive it tomorrow at some point!! Will let you all know how I get on with it. Really looking forward to playing through it. I am playing a gig on Wednesday night so if its here by then I will hopfully get the full use of it there :))

Yeh man, got it early this week. All I can say it wow!!! Used it on Wednesday night at a gig, absolutely blew me and and the people in front of the stage lol It is exactly the sound I have been after for a long time.

I was able to use both cabs with it as well, I was worrying over nothing lol

The valve preamp has a real grunt to it! Love it :)

[quote name='hrl_damo' post='314162' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:16 PM']Yeh man, got it early this week. All I can say it wow!!! Used it on Wednesday night at a gig, absolutely blew me and and the people in front of the stage lol It is exactly the sound I have been after for a long time.

I was able to use both cabs with it as well, I was worrying over nothing lol

The valve preamp has a real grunt to it! Love it :)[/quote]
Thanks the Lord, another Ashdown fan. That's 3 of us now, I think.

• 6 months later...