Why become a member? ×

Status PJ Slab Body Custom Bass now sold
£790

ash

Another bass for sale as part of my New Year resolution to consolidate my collection!
This time a custom made Status light relic Precision type bass with 'f' hole and graphite neck. The bass is very similar to the GP signature or their Retroactive range. Apparently it was made for the bassist from NW indie band Starsailor and is a one off. When I bought it the 18v m preamp had been taken out and was going to be replaced. Unfortunately it was 'cut' and no pics taken or diagrams made of the original circuit. (I have kept and will include the original preamp and knobs )As it was a custom bass Rob at Status didn't know the wiring without having a look and to be honest I couldn't be bothered with the expense and delay of sending it down to be reworked. Instead I put in a new active preamp that operates from a single 9v battery (the passive active switch is redundant and was left for cosmetic reasons i.e. To cover up the hole!) .
The bass sounds fantastic and plays beautifully and is light at around 9.5lbs. I'm selling as I don't get on with the slab body. The plan now is to buy a Status neck and mount it in an old PJ body.
There is no case but I can find a gig bag, I'd prefer pickup and it's UK only with no trades.
Cheers!

Edited by ash

History as I know it.
Commisioned by James Stelfox, Starsailer.
I bought off him.
Think it went to Mojobass, then Ash.

Superb bass I should never have sold, but without selling something (not easy and unlikely to be quick at the moment) it's not coming to me :( .
Somebody is going to get happy.