Why become a member? ×

OBBM

andy67

Had a problem matching impedances on three cabs with a new amp, coupled with my native incompetence at all things electrical. Sent OBBM an email explaining the situation. Received almost by return a detailed diagram showing exactly how to solve all my problems with minimal fuss.

Dave designed a 4-way junction box thingy that ensured that whichever combination of cabs I used, I couldn't plug the wrong gizmo into the incorrect doobry-ferkin or blow anything up.

When the finished article arrived, discovered that I'd given him some duff data in one area. One slightly embarrassed email later, he sent me the add-on bits needed to retrieve the situation.

Exactly the sort of guy I like to deal with.

:)

Dave sold me a killer bass, and makes a killer cup o' tea :huh:

Cheers Dave for a very positive transaction. Couldn't be happier!! (not unless you'd chucked in the Duck Dunn as well - but that's being rather optimistic!! :) )

My very old wireless unit needed a new lead for the transmitter and after a bit of searching Dave was able to find the correct plug for it.

Used it at a gig last week and worked lovely. The new chunky speaker cable for my Trace rig was pretty good also. Very prompt and friendly service.

OBBM is going to need a forum of his own to store all these recommendations pretty soon.

I ordered a couple of Speakon>Jack cables from Dave one evening, and they were despatched the following day.

Good cables, good price, and a decent chap who also diligently ensured I was biwiring my setup correctly. Turns out he's a friend of a friend as well, so all the better!

Highly recommended.

Maine

A big thanks to Dave for making me a custom Aux input cable, i use the aux input on my Iamp for practice with metronomes etc and am in the process of finding a replacement and would seriously miss this feature.

This was not a standard product so Dave has thought about the problem, found a solution, made the cable and sent it out on approval ( no payment upfront) Really great service, Who else would go to this much trouble to solve your cabling needs and deliver a quality product?

If you have ANY cabling needs Dave's the man, I have some of his instrument leads and they are also quality kit still going strong despite my best efforts.

Cheers Dave cheques in the post :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sent Dave a PM asking for a quote for a couple of AKG wireless cables with silent jacks. Got the reply from him in no time while he was abroad on business!

After he got back, I paid for them, and got them within 2-3 days. Awesome service.

The quality of them is 1000% better than the AKG supplied cables, and our guitarist is extremely happy with his too.....he commented on how it's improved the sound quality of his signal compared to the AKG cable. And the silent jacks make it so much easier for a quick bass/guitar swap.

Cheers Dave, I certainly know where to come next time.

A++++++

And my thanks too. Super fast delivery on a 6m instrument cable.

I need to sort through what I need cables wise and also check with the other jokers in my band and get a decent order togther for Dave next.

I have no problems recommending Dave to anyone who needs some cabling sorted.

Cheers
Mark

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...