Why become a member? ×

New Sadowsky stock update!

CHRISDABASS

Great!

More details [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29648"]here[/url]

Sadowsky, if you can find them, are well worth the visit. Really nice people and relaxed. Let me play for ages with no pressure and ready to help. Also by far the best 'traditional' looking basses I've played although my tonal preference on these was for passive mode.

[quote]yes they are expensive but to me they are worth every penny! if a bass can make you smile every time you pick it up to play, record, gig etc then sadowsky have to be doing something right.
this is the first time in my playing life that ive had so many compliments on my sound! especially in the recording studio! and also the first time that im not worrying about any element of my instrument! everything about them is the best quality, solid and extremely road worthy! so i can just concentrate on my playing!![/quote]

Absolutely! Could not agree more! Thing is, I already have a jazz bass that does these things, that's all. I was, for a time, seriously considering a Sadowsky, but then I got lucky with my present jazz, and the need/want was satisfied.

Mark

[quote name='mcgraham' post='306064' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:46 AM']Really? From what I've heard there isn't a whole lot between the Metros and the NYCs? Anyone else got any experience with this?

On a similar note, I have to confess, when I tried the Nordy's, they were very nice but no more than my very nice workhorse jazz. And mine was substantially cheaper even with all the modifications I've made to it. I don't struggle to see why boutique jazzes are popular, I just wouldn't spend my money on them.

Mark[/quote]

I play an 86 MIJ Jazz and it just works... I don't really look at other 4 strings especially for that sort of style/sound of bass so I know what you mean... When it comes to 5's tho, I've not played a Fender 5 I get on with so its here that I start to look at other 'boutique' type basses. And i think where you also benefit from that sort of thing a bit more. Prob also cos I have a jazz I'm up for going a little bit more modern sounding in my 5 string. New technologies help too, like 3 piece neck etc. For me having that jazz type body keeps that 'workhorse' feel about a bass and is practical even tho it might not be a 'Jazz'. ... Hmmm... blah,blah !

[quote name='Toasted' post='307749' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:27 AM']Our very own wayne58 owns that bass now, and another, new modern which is very nice indeed. Convinced me to order one virtually the same![/quote]

Joe actually my Cherryburst 24 has an ebony board and I got it from the Gallery.

Sadowsky NYC basses are awesome, never tried the Metro range yet.