Why become a member? ×

December covers competition - last orders! - WIN D'ADDARIO STRINGS AND MORE

Skol303

[b][size=5]Alright you 'orrible lot, listen up...[/size][/b]

This month's Composition Challenge is a covers competition... choose your favourite song or instrumental, murder it in your own special way, and post the results on Basschat for other people to enjoy.

[b]Anything recorded this year is welcome for entry.[/b]

So all you guys 'n' gals who play in covers bands, this is your chance to shine! No excuses.

There will be prizes. There may be merriment. There will not be a free bar.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/296171-december-composition-challenge-get-writing/"][size=6][b]CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS[/b][/size][/url]

[color=#800D00][font=Helvetica][size=5][b]>>> PRIZES! <<<[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][color=#800000]1st place gets a Basschat Polo shirt [i]and[/i] a set of [/color][url="http://www.daddario.com/DADProductFamily.Page?ActiveID=3768&familyid=156"][color=#800000]D'Addario NYXL Bass Strings[/color][/url]
[*][color=#800000]2nd and 3rd place also receive a set of D'Addario NYXL strings[/color]
[/list]
[color=#800000][font=Helvetica]String options for the prize are:[/font]

[font=Helvetica]4-string: 40-95, 45-100, 45-105, 50-105[/font]
[font=Helvetica]5-string: 5-130[/font]
[font=Helvetica]6-string: 32-130[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Big thanks to D'Addario for supporting this year's festive challenge. You guys rock! [/font][/color][color=#800D00][font=Helvetica] :santa:[color=#222222] [/color][/font][/color]

[size=5][b]Deadline for entries is midnight on Christmas Eve.[/b][/size]

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1480712276' post='3186711']
Studio tracks are very welcome! As are rougharse ones :)
[/quote]

Bollox :( Just read the rules, ours was done earlier this year not in this month.

Oh well, Have to say I'm still looking forward to trawling through the entries.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1480774476' post='3187039']What about videos?[/quote]
Yep, videos are perfectly fine.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1480775976' post='3187054']Can I assume covers recorded 10 and 15 years ago won't be eligible?[/quote]
[quote name='Les' timestamp='1480770178' post='3186999']Just read the rules, ours was done earlier this year not in this month.[/quote]
We normally limit entries to those recorded during the month of the competition, especially when using a photo as inspiration. In this instance I'm happy to turn a blind eye to anything recorded [i]this yea[/i]r as a compromise ;)

• 2 weeks later...