Why become a member? ×

Musicman no longer offer honeyburst. :-(

Quatschmacher

[quote name='Quatschmacher' timestamp='1480282403' post='3183102']
Gutted to find, when I can finally (almost) afford to custom order a Stingray Slo Special, that they've discontinued one of the very best finishes. Grr!
[/quote]

If I really wanted that finish... I'd go for a natural one, with nice grain, then contact David Wilson for a refinish. He does a great job and it may not cost quite as much as you're fearing. It sucks having to pay extra, but if you *really* want it... what price is a smile on the face? ;)

Unfortunately that's what everyone says about their favourite colours - EBMM has stated that in reality they sell mostly black, white, natural and sunburst basses - outnumbering other finishes by a vast amount.

Other colours crop up on the limited edition/PDN models which can usually be ordered in any type or spec of bass available from EBMM.

They usually also have a couple of other colours for standard order - chilli red is one this year which is a pretty cool colour - Bongos have sky blue and tangerine pearl - suitably off the wall and whacky - the Cutlass and Caprice seem to have two or three special colours.

Other than that - you're looking used. Remember 80s-90s standard sunburst was what more recently was called honey burst - used honeyburst basses crop up relatively frequently - so you may find an SLO Stingray from the 00/10s era used if you wait long enough!! There was a used all rosewood neck SLO Stingray on the EBMM forum for sale a few days back but since disappeared.

Spare a thought for at least two of us here who think peach is the coolest MM colour of all - available custom order for a couple of years around 87-90 and absolutely rare as hen's teeth - Tony Levin has an SR5 in that colour. I certainly don't have an MM in that colour.........got a coral red which is pretty cool and not too far away from peach!!

Edited by drTStingray