Why become a member? ×

Jeff Berlin signature Dean bass - SOLD

Mike

Hi all!

I have this literally spotless Jeff Berlin jazz bass for sale. Got to go to pay for my Duck Dunn Lakland. It's only a couple of months old, done one single gig, and is in flawless condition.

Incredible back pickup sound- that real Jeff Berlin (or Jaco Pastorius) punchy tone.

Amazingly thin neck - one of the most comfy I've played.

Only £290! That's a firm price!

Pickup from Chelmsford, Essex, ideally. Very near A12 which is in turn close to the M25. I could post possibly for around £20, but pickup preferred! There's no case so this for me is the better option.

Pics:

Cheers!

Mike

Edited by Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='sykilz' post='464985' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:31 PM']Hi, can you tell me what kind of pickups are in this beasty, and also is this a good "classic rock" sounding bass or more of a slappy type??? Thanks in advance!!![/quote]

Great bass this, I was tempted by it myself recently. As far as the styles this bass is capable of, well any really, I'd put it down as an all rounder. Jeff himself only has ONE bass, for all his work, and it's (admitedly the US made version) one of these. It should be capable of most styles I guess.

Seahawks eh? I saw them Vs the Chargers in San Diego a few years back when I was over there. Brian Bosworth was a Seahawk wasn't he?......back in the days when I used to play.....a [i]long[/i] time ago.

Thats a great looking bass, and if it plays as well as his old sig model (was that the Peavey Palladium or is my mind completely foggy now??) it will be a really great bass.

Again if I hadnt just got a Squire fretless VMJ I'd be interested myself...

[quote name='wombatboter' post='465957' date='Apr 18 2009, 10:37 AM']Very hard to resist... if it would be in Belgium I would have gone for it.
Stunning sound from a great bass

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMoUFTHuYE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMoUFTHuYE[/url][/quote]

6.00- "What happens now?" Brilliant!

Nice clip- some great moments.

The pure concentration on Berlin's face playing the slap line. Nice to see I have something in common with him.

Thought the drummer was going to be a weak link- how wrong was I? Great fill at 3.33. Hello!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...