Why become a member? ×

1979 Music Man Stingray Inca Silver SOLD!
£2668

maut

EUR 3.000 GBP 2668

Please right-hand-click on the pics to see them in higher resolution!

I´ve had this bass for more than 20 years, and for some years this was my main instrument. I´m only playing old Fenders these days, so everything else can go.

It´s not often that one of these in Inca Silver is for sale, and this one is a good one. My first good bass was a 77 Stingray fretless converted to frets. After that had been stolen I was on the hunt for a good Stingray for many years, during that I´ve had about 6 or 7 Pre-Ernie Ball stingrays. This one was the best and also looked the best, so i kept it.

Its from 1979 and has the epoxy covered electronics. Everything up to the end pins is original. It even has the original foam dampers that are dried out by now. The bass has been used a lot, it has a lot of Mojo and the clear coat aged to the typical greenish tone.

The bass has the nicest early MM neck I have seen and felt so far, the maple has a strong grain in some areas, it almost looks like a flamed maple although they didn´t have that by then. The frets have some wear but are good to go for many more years.

The weight is in the medium range of old Stingrays, it´s 4,6kg.

It comes with the ultra rare MM triangular case and triangular soft bag. The case has a few chips from travelling that are covered with tape.

I´m in Berlin, shipping is possible on the buyers expense.

Edited by maut

This is really a rare beauty. ..I have a 1977 inca Silver and I think it is the best color ever. ..

https://m.facebook.com/pg/Vintage-Possibilities-1482562132039940/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1568129480149871

Edited by flower8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...