Why become a member? ×

Just what we've all been looking for

Did I mention it was alder?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAKWOOD-FRETLESS-BASS-GREAT-SPEC-PRO-SETUP_W0QQitemZ150302542373QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150302542373&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAKWOOD-FRETLESS-BAS...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

:)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='303706' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:13 AM']Someone should email the seller and ask.[/quote]

His disappointingly vague ebay description would lead me to believe that this would be nothing more than a waste of time :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='303711' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:19 AM']His disappointingly vague ebay description would lead me to believe that this would be nothing more than a waste of time :)[/quote]
Yes unfortunately I fear that might be the case. It's fairly safe to say though that it is probably not alder.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='303734' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:49 AM']Yes unfortunately I fear that might be the case. It's fairly safe to say though that it is probably not alder.[/quote]

You're almost certainly right. Genuine Alder is generally found on the high end basses of this style. This one's probably just unknown Tone Wood, Solid Body or Basswood.

S.P.