Why become a member? ×

Warwick stocklists in UK?

erisu

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1475162005' post='3143617']
I've been pretty disappointed with the customer service at Warwick - nothing short of poor TBH - why not get yourself a quality Spector - after all it is their design..
[/quote]

This ;)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1475162005' post='3143617']
I've been pretty disappointed with the customer service at Warwick - nothing short of poor TBH - why not get yourself a quality Spector - after all it is their design..
[/quote]
But the Warwick version looks more refined IMHO. Also, fie my own perspective, I buy "used" I'm not expecting any customer service.

I have bought new from Warwick back in the early 00s before prices went insane. I have also bought secondhand stuff off here. Getting information on any parts from customer services is next to impossible. E.g. Even though they own MEC they can give you zero specs on the pickups. If you look at getting spares from them, the only information they can tell you is that yes, it's a pickup.

Compared to the detailed spec sheets from Bartolini and EMG and Glockenlang for pickups and preamps, you are lucky to get a circuit diagram - it is a complete joke. The Korean Jack Bruce I have points to the German diagram, and when you ask "do you have any specs on your parts because my pickup seems dodgy?" you get the reply "no".

They make the basses and pickups, and their factory looks impressive on the videos, so they must surely know what's in the basses??? It's ridiculous.

It's a real shame because I love my Warwicks (and Spectors, let's not open that can of worms). It's just so disappointing.

Edited by 72deluxe

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1475226253' post='3144118']
Well yes, I believe "German Pro Series" is the name of the line - I did hear some discussion about whether parts from Germany bolted together somewhere else or parts from somewhere else bolted together in Germany still counts as made in Germany but I can't remember which way round it was or the outcome.
[/quote]

Under EU regulations they are classified as being 'made in Germany'.

However a degree of construction is carried out in the, much cheaper labour market, of the Czech Republic which isn't far from the German HQ.

I'm not sure it makes the slightest difference in quality of construction but it always feels to me that it should be detailed in the product specs.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1475447197' post='3146043']

Under EU regulations they are classified as being 'made in Germany'.

However a degree of construction is carried out in the, much cheaper labour market, of the Czech Republic which isn't far from the German HQ.

I'm not sure it makes the slightest difference in quality of construction but it always feels to me that it should be detailed in the product specs.
[/quote]

That's bizarre.