Why become a member? ×

Gruv Gear Fump

crez5150

Hi All

I purchased one of these odd contraptions to fit on my Sire V7....

Just wondered if anyone else here is using one at all.... So far it's good, but I;ve found that I have to move it a bout a fair bit to get an even 'fump' across all strings.

I guess because its a one solution fits all its a good as it gets but I wondered if any of you guys are using one and what your experience has been.

Taa

[url="https://youtu.be/4C32xLAWFNs"]https://youtu.be/4C32xLAWFNs[/url]

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1474534857' post='3138591']
I havent got one, but i'm intrigued.
You think it's worth spending the money over just sticking some foam under the bridge?
[/quote]

Well you could I guess.... but I like the fact you can just pull it out/push it on quickly to remove it between songs

Ive got the other prisoner of this. Cant remember the name but its two pieces of foam with a Velcro strip holding the together rather than the plastic hinge.

It does the job but as a pick player who rests his hand on the bridge it makes playing difficult, so i dont use it. As i do play with a pick palm muting is easier anyway, but if i did play finger style (more) id be happy with this.

I have one... actually I am onto my second...

I used it for only a section of a song live, so quickly whip it off and lob it aside to carry on playing, but without fail always forgot to pick it up at the end of the set, so lost it in Croydon, and it was kindly posted back to me, then lost it in Edinburgh, which I never got back.

If I lose this next one, I wont bother with a third.

I bought one, didn't fit across all of the strings on my fiver, muted so heavily the note was barely even there. I thought it was garbage and just used a chunk of foam after that which had a better level of muting for me, but everyone is different and a lot of people have bought them so I am probably the odd one out.

I might have been imagining it but both my fiend an I were convinced the tuning of the string went out if you moved it forwards an backwards from the bridge. As it was so heavily muted it was hard to tell.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1474544979' post='3138689']
Why not just use the side of your hand, and play with your thumb ?
[/quote]

Guaranteed to give me thumb cramp before the end of all but the shortest of songs.

For palm muting I have to pick up a pick.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1474555842' post='3138787']
This is the one i have. The good thing about his is the pressure is adjustable at each end so you can have it loose or tight.

[url="http://www.bassmuteclamp.com/"]http://www.bassmuteclamp.com/[/url]
[/quote]

Cheers for that.... looks much better. I had the problem that the Funp wouldnt fit on my status but this one sure does......

Did you buy direct from this site?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1474556636' post='3138795']
Cheers for that.... looks much better. I had the problem that the Funp wouldnt fit on my status but this one sure does......

Did you buy direct from this site?
[/quote]

I did and it came from Australia so took a while.

Send me your address and you can have mine. I really cant see me using it much so if you have a need......