Why become a member? ×

Kicking a man when he's down

Guest MoJo

As I've mentioned in previous threads on the forum, I used to own a gorgeous Ibanez Roadstar RB950 bass guitar. It's one of the very few basses that I've regretted selling.

In a quest to find another, I set up a search on eBay. Several fruitless months have passed.

Last Friday I was told that I was being made redundant....you can see where this is going can't you....well it's worse than that! My very own bass has appeared on eBay at the time when I have no money and no job. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330276114962"]Here's the link[/url]

Someone somewhere has really got it in for me...... :)

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='bassman2790' post='299238' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:38 AM']As I've mentioned in previous threads on the forum, I used to own a gorgeous Ibanez Roadstar RB950 bass guitar. It's one of the very few basses that I've regretted selling.

In a quest to find another, I set up a search on eBay. Several fruitless months have passed.

Last Friday I was told that I was being made redundant....you can see where this is going can't you....well it's worse than that! My very own bass has appeared on eBay at the time when I have no money and no job. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330276114962"]Here's the link[/url]

Someone somewhere has really got it in for me...... :)[/quote]

If I had the money I would buy it and use till you had the cash but alas I'm skint and have a missus :S

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='299261' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:55 AM']Is it the exact same bass you sold, or the same model?

Surely someone could help you out...[/quote]

The exact same bass. The seller confirmed it. He had his friend collect it from my workplace...I'm getting all blurry eyed now...going to have to.....

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='299272' date='Oct 4 2008, 01:07 PM']If I had the money I would buy it and use till you had the cash but alas I'm skint and have a missus :S[/quote]

This is pretty much what I am suggesting, especially as this is the exact bass. If you really want it that much, can't you arrange something?

I'd love to help, and I will if nobody else offers, but I'm not based in the UK and am seldom there.

I am genuinely touched by your kind offers. I may still have a mad moment, bid on it and work out where I'm going to get the money from after. There's always a way.
Here are some photos that I took when I owned it

[quote name='beerdragon' post='299331' date='Oct 4 2008, 01:24 PM']I fancy this, i might even sell it on in the fiuture. but i dont want to go against a basschatter, so whats happening?[/quote]

I can't justify bringing a new bass into the house at the moment so I won't be bidding. If you do win it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the tones available. I've got some examples here somewhere....back in a mo'

Hopefully this'll work. It's the first time I've uploaded an attachment. This is me playing the same scale through the various pick-up selection modes. The bass is passive but each humbucker can be tapped into single coil mode by pressing the volume control knob for that pick-up.

[attachment=14318:RB950_variations.mp3]

[quote name='nick' post='299351' date='Oct 4 2008, 01:54 PM']I've got a '83 cherry flame sunburst one pickup version (RB920).
They really are great basses.

Hope somehow it works out for you, can totally understand your feelings.[/quote]

I saw one in the Cherry flame burst before buying mine. They're beautiful. It was the Cherry one I wanted but they are so hard to come by.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='299362' date='Oct 4 2008, 02:04 PM']Its pick up only, which makes it a little more difficult.[/quote]

You could do like he did when he bought it from me. Get someone else, a kindly basschatter maybe, to pick it up on your behalf. They could then send it on to you.

[quote name='molan' post='299387' date='Oct 4 2008, 02:55 PM']How much ought it to be worth, only sitting at £122 at the moment which is obviously very low![/quote]

As I recall, I paid about £185 for it originally and sold it for £220 I think. Of course with the current love of all Japanese made basses, it will probably fetch more, even in today's depressed market. I'd expect it to go for anywhere between £275 and £325.