Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

kev - the bass micro synth is very much like the old one, cept with true bypass, and 9v power.. there are loads of great analogue sounds but i also find myself using it for octave and dub sounds, the distortion is pretty good too.. the bassdrive is good for overdrive and more subtle distortion and the woolly mammoth for more extreme stuff without the uncontrollable feedback.. it also sounds really good after the synth to dirty up the sounds...

cheddatom - the grey box was built for me by local electronic nutter Tom Bugs at Bugbrand who used to drum with me in a band called War Against Sleep.. i was trying to work out whether to try an E/H LPB or a n E/h hogsfoot and he cloned both for me in one box, made it true-bypass and gave them separate ins an outs so you can patch them in separately, i use the hogsfoot more but the LPB does come in handy when i need a bit more power to cut through..

Edited by tanuki

[quote name='joegarcia' post='236208' date='Jul 10 2008, 12:19 AM']Looks like hotroxuk.com has them.[/quote]

joes right, got it from hotrox, they always seem to be quickest off the mark with the new E/H stuff, delivery is always really quick aswell..

bout a year and a half ago i bought a mini qtron off them. a few days after ordering i get one as a gift off my parents (id just started using effects at this time). so i thought id ask if i could send it back to them and have a refund, which they were happy to do for me. so i popped it in the post by recorded delivery, and emailed them tellin them i had done so. The day after i sent it i checked with the online checker thing and it confirmed that it had been signed for, so i thought id wait it out a few days. No news from hotrox, so i emailed them asking them when my card would be refunded. they replied that they had not recieved the pedal. now obviously the parcel was signed for, so i emailed them again telling them of this. there reply asked for the tracking number, and guess what? i had lost the slip. i told them this, and never got a reply back, despite several more emails sent by me to them. as far as im concerned, they recieved the pedal, and thought they'd see if they could make a quick bit of cash and test to see if i had kept the receipt. since i lost it, they knew i had no proof of delivery, and so bingo, they make £50. Iv had no email or anything off them to convince me otherwise, so as far as im concerned, i wont be shopping there again.

other than my case iv only ever heard good things, so maybe the person responsible for returns and emails has changed, in any case i wont be shopping there again until i get a £50 cheque through the post. fair enough i was an idiot for somehow misplacing the receipt and tracking number, but im fairly sure by the way the emails were worded that they knew perfectly well id sent it.

Edited by BassManKev

okay, lets say that they geniunly didnt have it, it shows terrible customer service to ignore my emails once i told them i didn't have the tracking number. that pedal was delivered to the return address. it just may not have been directed to the right place and got lost in the warehouse, which is not my problem. someone at hotrox signed for that pedal.

Edited by BassManKev

That's fair enough Kev, but look at it from their point of view. Someone asks to return a pedal, so they say OK. Then that someone rings up asking for their money back even though they haven't received the pedal (as far as hotrox know). Hotrox ask for proof of delivery thinking "this will prove if it's genuine or not", then you say "I lost it" and they think "hmmm, smells of a scam to me, we don't want to set an example else all his mates will be scamming us".

To be honest, if it was me at hotrox you would have had your money back, but it all depends on the individual dealing with your case. You might have had the one arsehole who worked there and has now quit - you never know!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236700' date='Jul 10 2008, 05:14 PM']well as i said everyone else seems to have had no problems, so it probably was one arsehole and he probably has quit, just trying to remember the name of the guy...[/quote]

You should have saved all your e-mails! (and proof of postage! :))

tbh iv been looking thru my email accounts and i cant find them, which is annoying as i dont recall ever deleting any of my inbox's, iirc i got about 3 or 4 email replies of the hotroxuk guy (could have been martin, ring any bells?) and i sent over 10

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236700' date='Jul 10 2008, 05:14 PM']well as i said everyone else seems to have had no problems, so it probably was one arsehole and he probably has quit, just trying to remember the name of the guy...[/quote]

It’s a small husband and wife business with a great reputation within the industry – the last time I was in there they were preparing a massive order of valves for the We Will Rock You tour. Maybe the lesson is to keep hold of the tracking number till everything is sorted? I think the guy is called Mark or something, I’ve forgotten his name too, but he’s only ever really helpful with customers whenever I’ve been in the shop and he seems like a really genuine guy who wouldn’t rip someone off £50 like that. Think you’ve just been pretty unlucky with what happened. They've got a great customer service reputation locally anyway.

mark, that was who i was talkin to and about. i didnt throw the tracking number out, i never do that, i just lost it.

ah well, unfortunate or not, theres no excuse for ignoring emails, £50 was and still is alot of money to me, and my experience has made me never consider buying from there again.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='escholl' post='244176' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:30 AM']what's the general opinion of the spider pedalboard cases? good value or not?[/quote]

I've got a brand new Spider XL Pedalboard flightcase if you're interested? just PM me.