Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

The main issue with the Capo is that it's so good at tone shaping it's a shame to use it as anything other than an always on pedal. Having the EAE Longsword for some obnoxious clanky drive on top is a great addition, I'm sure the Broadcast will fit that need perfectly.

Hmmm interesting! I was hoping to do most (if not all) the gain staging with the Capo alone, then potentially push the B>A config a bit more thanks to the broadcast, ie. Leave broadcast AND the A channel of the Capo always on, push B for full distortion, to jump between overdriven/boosted and full whack distortion. 

full clean / boost-break up via broadcast / overdrive on A / distortion all in with B>A. 

does it show I’m gagging to get my hands on the Capo? Seems a friend may bring it for me visiting over Easter holidays. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Hmmm interesting! I was hoping to do most (if not all) the gain staging with the Capo alone, then potentially push the B>A config a bit more thanks to the broadcast, ie. Leave broadcast AND the A channel of the Capo always on, push B for full distortion, to jump between overdriven/boosted and full whack distortion. 

full clean / boost-break up via broadcast / overdrive on A / distortion all in with B>A. 

does it show I’m gagging to get my hands on the Capo? Seems a friend may bring it for me visiting over Easter holidays. 

Tbh it completely depends what range you need, I'm ranging between clean, gritty and really clanky so I'm using Capo A side for my overall tone, B side for some extra grit. The longsword for everything beyond.

I think its just one of those setups you just need to play and experiment with. I kind of landed on this and it just happened to sound like what i had in my head. I do need to sit with the looper going and just twiddle to see what kind of sounds i can get though. 

1 minute ago, MrDinsdale said:

I think its just one of those setups you just need to play and experiment with. I kind of landed on this and it just happened to sound like what i had in my head. I do need to sit with the looper going and just twiddle to see what kind of sounds i can get though.

I had never thought of a looper this way to find tones until you mentioned it in other conversations (I can be that thick at times).

£40 sorts it, and uses the very last output available on my upcoming PSU and board, tighty tight but just great and a cheap pedal to guarantee I stop emptying my wallet on it :D 

image.thumb.png.fa0f7ed4cf86372507234728370eff95.png

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ander87 said:

I had never thought of a looper this way to find tones until you mentioned it in other conversations (I can be that thick at times).

£40 sorts it, and uses the very last output available on my upcoming PSU and board, tighty tight but just great and a cheap pedal to guarantee I stop emptying my wallet on it :D 

image.thumb.png.fa0f7ed4cf86372507234728370eff95.png

So much better when nearly all the pedals are the right way round 😅

• Like 1

Used the platform for the first time in anger tonight. No backline just a wedge monitor. Got lots of comments from punters and people literally coming up and putting their foot on it! Was a great sensation with the added bonus of the kick and snare going through it so locked in really tight 

9B654A87-4E06-4801-9890-4C0D6E5A79C6.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

... could I ask please what the signal chain will be?

The plan is:

Tuner>octave>doom>proton>Pork&Pickle>HX Stomp (Future Impact on FX loop)>Fake Plastic Trees> Cali> Noble

the top part is the main tone section, the FPT is for some tube hair/grit. Main drive/fuzz is the Pork &Pickle. Analog synth for the 3leaf trio. Mod/reverb/delay and all other weird sounds handled by the HX stomp and Future impact combo. 

Edited by ordep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice and simple (tho the Dwarf is capable of insanely sophisticated setups)

dwarf.thumb.png.af5a264230386e6b78b21483f5ab87f0.png

Korg (as the Dwarf tuner is sadly not that great)

M-vave chocolate  pedal, a cheap and cheerful add on for switches, via midi.

Expression pedal (via the m-vave) for those moments.

And the heart is a MOD Dwar, mind blowing ... like an HX stomp on speed, it has every effect I need (and more to boot

• Like 4

Loose draft with the capo missing…

I can flip the capo/broadcast up and bring the modulation down but odds are I will use the gain stages more than modulation, and the capo can do with the patchbay if I feel like it for the DI’s but also I’ll most times use the DI from the amp…

PSU goes of course under 😅

B4D445E9-54D2-42F9-8FCB-78CED6A47353.thumb.jpeg.342fac9c5e0b36e1d1661b108c2ca7b0.jpeg

• Like 6

2023 board update after swapping over a few long standing additions. Very happy with this set up at the mo... it's really got my creative juices flowing.

Signal chain for those of you that geek out over that stuff...

Input > Boss OC-5 Octave >

Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler >

Source Audio After Shock >

Red Panda Bitmap 2 >

GFI Synesthesia >
Boss SL-2 Slicer >

Dr. Scientist Dusk (+ Moog EP3 Expression Pedal) >

Digitech Whammy Ricochet >

Source Audio Collider (a) >

Source Audio Collider (b) >

TC Electronic Polytune2 > Output

All mounted to a Pedaltrain Classic 2, connected with EBS flat gold patch cables and powered by a CIOKS DC7.

IMG_6483.thumb.jpg.957bad24b5364e0f615597d91f28436e.jpg

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, northcountrybob said:

I thought I was a bit out there using a single chorus pedal, but I'm firmly in the dark ages looking at some of these setups. 2x Colliders! 

I do a lot of delay stacking for long ambient pad-like textures. As soon as they updated the Collider so that two engines can be unlocked (so it can be 2 delays or 2 reverbs, rather than one of each), it instantly made so much sense for me - 4 delays or 4 reverbs, or any combination of them in any order. Love it.

6 hours ago, Ander87 said:

B4D445E9-54D2-42F9-8FCB-78CED6A47353.thumb.jpeg.342fac9c5e0b36e1d1661b108c2ca7b0.jpeg

Now wired… I do have to say these rockboards have a better quality than Pedaltrain IMO - even the sticky sides of the Velcro dare I say. 

22CA2949-AD7B-4828-A74D-EEC4D0556329.thumb.jpeg.b8f26ae72c3f8981241c15b6f347d638.jpeg

it just all fits to the very edges with no pedals hoovering over the board, my OCD is in paradise. Turns out, all pedals work after my cabling in. 

I love a good CS6 truetone with a kettle lead but these Harley Benton power supplies are amazing. 2 variable 9/12/18v outs, 8 isolated outs and dead silent for £60. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Now wired… I do have to say these rockboards have a better quality than Pedaltrain IMO - even the sticky sides of the Velcro dare I say. 

22CA2949-AD7B-4828-A74D-EEC4D0556329.thumb.jpeg.b8f26ae72c3f8981241c15b6f347d638.jpeg

it just all fits to the very edges with no pedals hoovering over the board, my OCD is in paradise. Turns out, all pedals work after my cabling in. 

I love a good CS6 truetone with a kettle lead but these Harley Benton power supplies are amazing. 2 variable 9/12/18v outs, 8 isolated outs and dead silent for £60. 

How's the Broadcast on bass? seems counter-intuitive to have a low cut 😅

1 minute ago, bassist_lewis said:

How's the Broadcast on bass? seems counter-intuitive to have a low cut 😅

Ha! and it would be in 95% of the times - allegedly helps a ton on a boomy/badly EQ'd stage - but I haven't tried that yet or taken it out of the house

I guess a nice to have redundancy if a) boomy stage and b) can't use my Mesa head (which does have HPF to the same use).

Sound wise, I was really, really considering waiting for the 24v version (with a 9v input) but I can use 18v on this or have a doubler for 24v using a 12v from my PSU - the more V's the more headroom and cleaner. I was also thinking on waiting for the 24v since it has three gain modes (lo-mid-hi) whilst mine 'only' has lo-mid.

Now into the tone and distortion, I do like it - I find I'll most likely use it as a lo gain thickener, and rely on the Capo (when it comes) for the distortion and the OFF1 for fuzz - having said that, and until the Capo comes, the Broadcast has a ton of gain! Very crunchy and vintage classic style, but saturates to fuzz easily from 11/noon on the high gain mode - as a distortion, having it on low gain mode really works for me, with the gain trim between noon and 2 o'clock I'd say.

Happy with it as a tone thickener (long term) and distortion (short term/redundancy/different classic taste).

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 19:46, KellyS said:

5B536E2D-E2B5-4AAF-8617-8B8C3C6E8DCC.thumb.jpeg.7d7160f8a3fc4588348e61abc27f654d.jpeg

I’m telling myself this is the set up for while but I give it until next payday before I decide something needs to change…

Cracking selection - I wish I could get my hands on a new version Proton!