Why become a member? ×

fender dissapointment

bassjim

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1467883460' post='3086913']
I have Fender GAS at the moment... either for a shell pink custom shop jazz with a matching headstock or an American Standard maple/sunburst jazz...

However I sold an MIJ jazz last week that was an excellent instrument... I'll never learn :blink:
[/quote]

Oops!

I have permanent gas for a PJ with a J neck, candy apple red, matching headstock, mint scratchplate. When I win the lottery (Friday night I assume) I think I will be giving LImelight a call :D

I sold a 2014 American Deluxe 5 Jazz recently that was seriously brilliant. Very well put together.

1. I'm playing a 6 now.
2. I'm not a fan of block and binding.

I know you can get builds from other manufacturers but I'd love a US made Fender Jazz with 24 frets, ebony fingerboard with dot inlays in 4, 5 or 6 string configurations :)

In common with FinnDave and Hiram, I'm crazy. Bought a new Mex P Bass Special last year which sounds excellent and plays very well. Had to sort a few minor issues - dress the fret ends, adjust action, etc - but I expect to do that sort of thing with any instrument.

I'm crazy too, who'd want a well finished 2013 jazz 5 with perfect frets, nice hardware, graphite neck reinforcement rods, rolled board edges,light weight tuners, nice dark finger board, super thin urethane finish and lighter than almost every P bass I've ever played?
[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141101_171416_zpsprg4tqe4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141101_171416_zpsprg4tqe4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Flash has spoilt the picture, it's more brown in the flesh,tort looks better and the rose wood is darker.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1467891274' post='3087044']
In common with FinnDave and Hiram, I'm crazy. Bought a new Mex P Bass Special last year which sounds excellent and plays very well. Had to sort a few minor issues - dress the fret ends, adjust action, etc - but I expect to do that sort of thing with any instrument.
[/quote]

I must be letting the side down, I bought a new US Standard Jazz at the end of March and have played several rehearsals and a couple of gigs with it, and have adjusted nothing. I did check neck relief, pick up height, intonation, etc but everything was spot on.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1467892980' post='3087066']
I'm crazy too, who'd want a well finished 2013 jazz 5 with perfect frets, nice hardware, nice dark finger board, super thin urethane finish and lighter than almost every P bass I've ever played?
[url="http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141101_171416_zpsprg4tqe4.jpg.html"][/url]

Flash has spoilt the picture, it's more brown in the flesh,tort looks better and the rose wood is darker.
[/quote]

Damn - I like that a lot!!!!

I've burnt way more than just that one, best part of £7000 including the toy town EBMM ones and the John east pre amp not including the acoustic bass I hardly use! Lol
Can't take it with you mate.

[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141102_103353_zpsagwfsjcd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141102_103353_zpsagwfsjcd.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1467893782' post='3087082']
Money to burn guys. Instruments out there that do the job better and cheaper too. Paying for the name I'm afraid.
[/quote]

Fair point - you could always buy a 'cheap' decal :)

I must be double crazy then, I bought a 2015 US Fender Jazz from a local shop, even though I could of got one at trade price.

Why? Well I wasn't out to buy it, but the one I took home felt very special to me when I tried it after deciding to go Jazz again. The highlight there being 'to me'. I don't give a toss what people think subjectivity, it's ultimately worthless unless you don't have self determination. But my subjective, which is what matters to me, is that I have owned original 50's, 60's, 70's to modern day ones including many Custom Shop and bespoke such a Lull, and the Jazz I bought certainly got my blood pumping and credit card out.

In my youth I never liked getting new basses, especially as 2nd hand is cheaper. In my late 30's and have a new found buzz about being the first owner.

I've tried the various cheaper ones, and they deserve the praise. As of yet, none spoke to me so I'm very happily crazy.

Best fender I've played?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:148729]

Mexican P Bass
Seymour Duncan 1/4lb Pickups
BAII Bridge
Kiogon Wiring Loom Replacement
Shuker P Bass Neck (nice and chunky, modelled after my ACG)