Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Lakland Bob Glaub (44-64) White/Maple
£500

discreet

[b]*WITHDRAWN* Lakland Bob Glaub (44-64) White/Maple[/b]

Lakland Bob Glaub (now known as the 44-64) Skyline Series 4-string P Bass in white with maple neck, pearl guard and matching headstock. Crafted In Korea in 2008. Hipshot tuners. Lakland top loading or through-body bridge. 9lb 2oz. Bought new from Bass Central in Florida around 2009. I bought it recently from this very parish and though the nut width is good for me (1.75"/44.45mm according to Lakland's website, 43/44mm according to me), the distance from front to back is a little too narrow.

So very lovely though it undoubtedly is, I know it will be passed over in favour of my Limelight P - a great shame, especially as it's such a looker. It was refinished by Dave Wilson and the headstock was refinished to match. He also made the pearl pick guard. Apparently white is not a colour option for the Skyline Version, so this particular bass is unique.

It's in very good cosmetic condition. There is one small ding on the side of the body under the controls, and another on the headstock under the decal (see pics). You have to get close to see either and of course they don't affect the sound or playability of the bass in any way. It's very resonant acoustically and has lots of natural low-end. Luckily it sounds good through an amp too... ;) more P-Bass than a P bass, in my opinion. It thumps well and does that low-mid thing to perfection. It's strung with Fender flats.

I'm after what I paid - [b]£500 Posted[/b] to mainland UK. I'm NOT looking for trades, thanks. Payment via bank transfer ONLY, please. Bass will be well-packed in a TGI Extreme padded gig bag and despatched via an appropriate tracked and insured method. I will PM an ETA and tracking information to the buyer. The package will need to be signed for. My feedback is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263574-discreet/page__hl__discreet"]here[/url]. I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet

Wow, that was a quick turnaround, but I guess 5 minutes in the hand and you already know, right? I must admit this looks very nice indeed and the shallow neck would actually suit me better.....
.......aaaaahhhh, nooooooooo, run away!

Gutted this didn't work out for Mark, it really is a nice bass.
Until he comes along with a good photo, here's something to get along with

[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/004%202_zpspafuodsm.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/004%202_zpspafuodsm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Of course you can do better photos, many folk have commented that I am to photography what the Gobi is to competetive angling :blush: .

Anybody interested in this lovely bass, well, it is likely to be the only White Lakland Bob Glaub Skyline you will see.
They only come in Black, Natural and Sunburst. So, you have the option of the much more expensive US, or a re-fin.

If I'd kept it, it would have gained a black pearl scratchplate. Unlike discreet, I liked the shallow front to back, it was the nut width I couldn't get on with.

A couple of years back, this would have gone in a day or so, at over £600. And they are harder to get hold of now.
Somebody will be very happy with this great bass.

[quote name='TorVic' timestamp='1463320910' post='3050415']
Is there a photo of the full length of the bass? Thanks.
[/quote]

I keep picking it up and playing it! It's sounding very, very lush! I'm beginning to bond with it..! :blink:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1463388675' post='3050853']
FFS Mark that is lovely you should keep it you will only regret selling it :)
[/quote][quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1463424124' post='3051280']
^ You know he's right.
[/quote]

I'm not arguing, it's a very lovely bass and in my favourite colours, too. But I have enough P Basses already!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1463426062' post='3051294']
But I have enough P Basses already!
[/quote]

Of all the weird things you have said over the years, this one is by far the weirderest :lol:

Never ever, utter those words within range of Mrs discreet.