Why become a member? ×

so i got a guitar...

gs_triumph

Last weekend I was selling a generator on gum tree. After a number of the usual gumtree random texts asking 'What's your best price?' I got a call from guy desperate for the generator but lacking in the necessary funds to buy it. He asked ifi was interested in swaps, I said not really but try me.
After offering several power tools and his wife's bike and me declining he mentioned a guitar. I asked for more detail on the guitar and he told me or was a no name thing... A Westwood. I thought Westfield. So I asked home to bring it over for a look.

He brought this little beaut over...

Eastwood Wandre... Delighted. Deal done!

That'll do nicely for a bit of song writing.

Not played guitar for around twenty years so taking a bit of getting used to. Don't expect I'll be playing like Hendrix any time soon!

Loving it!

Edited by gs_triumph

I bought a six string guitar at Christmas and have discovered that Im more useless at playing a guitar than I am at bass. It now sits on a stand in the corner of the lounge.

Still, the wife thinks it looks good as an ornament.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1462621332' post='3044437']
Did the same thing recently. Good idea. Is strange playing a guitar after bass - feels like a kids toy but get used to it after a while.
[/quote]

The strings do feel very toy don't they!

[quote name='gs_triumph' timestamp='1462631403' post='3044545']
The strings do feel very toy don't they!
[/quote]
yeah - you'll get used to it with time. Definitely easier to write tunes on a guitar than a bass - stick with it. I use it for home recording and might put a guitar track down first as a guide. Another product of playing the guitar is scales over a wider range - this and playing chords gives you more ammo for your bass playing.

Nice. I highly recommend all bass players get a guitar to just play on and learn new tricks. I've been on 6 string for a few years now and I'm slowly getting more and more confident.

It's also very very satisfying to create riffs/parts of songs, and to be able to tell band members you can play TWO instruments. Anyway giving bass a hard time? Just say you can play both, but find bass is more your thing!