Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Roscoe Beck IV
£1100

GreeneKing

I bought this bass from WoT some while ago and it's almost exactly as I purchased it. I have 13 basses and I'm not in a band and don't see any more performing on my horizon so bass playing is firmly on my back burner. I've just bought a new (old) DSLR and I could do with selling a bass. Many of my instruments are modified or custom which inevitably means that they are difficult to sell and fetch less than standard instruments so the Roscoe Beck IV is on the block.

This really is a beautiful player and has a wide range of very good tones available from it. I've not gigged it so it's only been used occasionally for practice. The only change is that the original bridge had some chrome lifting so I sourced the correct Roscoe Beck bridge in the US and the cost of around £100 and replaced it. It comes with the original case, bits and pieces and both scratchplates. I'm going to take some photographs tomorrow but I will include a link to Michael's thread for now hoping that he doesn't object.

I will courier to the EU at cost and the bass is in Kendal in the Lake District should anyone want to come and try it out.

Photo's to follow although Michaels pictures show it in all it's glory.

Weight approximately 8.5 lbs by the digital bathroom scales.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213753-fender-roscoe-beck-iv-sunburst/"]http://basschat.co.u...ck-iv-sunburst/[/url]

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

I am good. It has been a long time Nik. I don't spend much time in BC nowadays. My 15 + years of trying to play in a reliable and enjoyable band became shipwrecked on the rocks of ego and a local dearth of singers :) I still have too many basses and occasionally I enjoy a dabble but I think that's probably it. I've remarried to someone very special and life, excepting an errant 15 yr old stepson, is very good.

Thank you Michael your comments are much appreciated. If I had other more saleable basses it would be a keeper.

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1460989291' post='3030418']
I am good. It has been a long time Nik. I don't spend much time in BC nowadays. My 15 + years of trying to play in a reliable and enjoyable band became shipwrecked on the rocks of ego and a local dearth of singers :) I still have too many basses and occasionally I enjoy a dabble but I think that's probably it. I've remarried to someone very special and life, excepting an errant 15 yr old stepson, is very good.
[/quote]

Pleased to hear that very positive news in your personal life, Peter; same thing for me too! :)

I do play regularly in a band though, which helps keep me out of trouble..

Surprised this beautiful bass is still here, to be honest - it looks like such a wonderful example?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1461272841' post='3033303']
Pleased to hear that very positive news in your personal life, Peter; same thing for me too! :)

I do play regularly in a band though, which helps keep me out of trouble..

Surprised this beautiful bass is still here, to be honest - it looks like such a wonderful example?
[/quote]

It really is a buyers market nowadays. An aside, I've just been asked to front up for another band. Maybe it's not quite over :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1461273375' post='3033314']
I've just been asked to front up for another band. Maybe it's not quite over :)
[/quote]

A band fronted up by a bass player?

It's madness, madness I tell ye.

;)