Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Fender Steve Harris Sig. MIJ 2009 Royal Blue Metallic finish - More Pics added
£850

LewisK1975

Here is my 2009 Made in Japan Steve Harris Signature Fender P-Bass in Royal Blue Metallic, a replica of the Bass Steve has played for all of Maiden's career, but it was only finished in this colour from approx 1982 for the Beast on the Road Tour, right through to the No Prayer on the Road tour in 1990 (Maiden's heyday, some would say!)

Its an amazing bass and I'm sorry to see it go but it unfortunately never gets played by me and it really deserves to be played by someone!

I've been over the Bass many times and I cant find fault with it, Chrome Scratchplate, Badass II Bridge and I added the Seymour Duncan SPB-4 Steve Harris Signature pickups pretty much as soon as they were available to buy (these weren't available when the bass came out in 2009, they actually had the SPB-1), if you've had the pleasure of trying one, you'll know how good they sound.

Only used by me at home sparingly in 7 years, never gigged even once, and has become something of an ornament now, which is a real shame for such a Bass.

This was one of the first to come into the UK and was purchased by myself in January 2009 (my local store was a Fender Dealership at the time) and will come with its padded Fender Gig bag that came with the bass when I bought it, and Fender Hang tag.

Weight of the bass is 10.2lbs

The pictures speak for themselves, the bass is in fantastic condition.

I even have the original Steve Harris signature Flatwound strings if you want them, they didn't work for me so they came off pretty quickly.

These new were Approx £1100.00+, and you obviously can't get them now, since the new MIM West Ham logo model superseded it.

I'm asking £850 o.n.o for the bass which is in pretty much as new condition, with Pickup upgrade.

Any questions, please ask by commenting or PM.

Bass is in Bridgend area of South Wales, but I can/will travel to accomodate buyer.

No trades on this one thanks gents, I'm all good for gear at the moment..

[attachment=216792:sh full.jpg]

Edited by LewisK1975

Ahhhh man, I would love this so much just because that is my childhood, right there. That is stunning and so much nicer than the current Harris West Ham signature model IMHO. If I had the spare dosh I'd be taking the 12 mile trip to you, right now. GLWTS #wishlistbass

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1460389173' post='3025261']
Never thought I'd see this for sale.
[/quote]

Nor me cocco, but it's time for some consolidation, and this is simply an ornament in my house now (albeit a very lovely ornament), never gets played...

If I'm honest though, I won't really be gutted if it doesn't sell..but don't tell anyone..

I'm kinda torn between selling this or my 2012 sunburst Roadworn P..

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1460399635' post='3025434']

Nor me cocco, but it's time for some consolidation, and this is simply an ornament in my house now (albeit a very lovely ornament), never gets played...

If I'm honest though, I won't really be gutted if it doesn't sell..but don't tell anyone..

I'm kinda torn between selling this or my 2012 sunburst Roadworn P..
[/quote]

Do you still have the attitude?

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1460479353' post='3026087']
Does the SPB-4 add much over the SPB-1?
[/quote]

I'd say it's an excellent upgrade over the SPB-1, and not just for Harris fans, it's definitely got a little more output, the EQ is less scooped and IMHO gives a much more solid, 'forward' articulate sound.

HTH.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1460386279' post='3025227']
Here is my 2009 Made in Japan Steve Harris Signature Fender P-Bass in Royal Blue Metallic, a replica of the Bass Steve has played for all of Maiden's career, but it was only finished in this colour from approx 1982 for the Beast on the Road Tour, right through to the No Prayer on the Road tour in 1990 (Maiden's heyday, some would say!)

Its an amazing bass and I'm sorry to see it go but it unfortunately never gets played by me and it really deserves to be played by someone!

I've been over the Bass many times and I cant find fault with it, Chrome Scratchplate, Badass II Bridge and I added the Seymour Duncan SPB-4 Steve Harris Signature pickups pretty much as soon as they were available to buy (these weren't available when the bass came out in 2009, they actually had the SPB-1), if you've had the pleasure of trying one, you'll know how good they sound.

Only used by me at home sparingly in 7 years, never gigged even once, and has become something of an ornament now, which is a real shame for such a Bass.

This was one of the first to come into the UK and was purchased by myself in January 2009 (my local store was a Fender Dealership at the time) and will come with its padded Fender Gig bag that came with the bass when I bought it, and Fender Hang tag.

Weight of the bass is 10.2lbs

The pictures speak for themselves, the bass is in fantastic condition.

I even have the original Steve Harris signature Flatwound strings if you want them, they didn't work for me so they came off pretty quickly.

These new were Approx £1100.00+, and you obviously can't get them now, since the new MIM West Ham logo model superseded it.

I'm asking £850 o.n.o for the bass which is in pretty much as new condition, with Pickup upgrade.

Any questions, please ask by commenting or PM.

Bass is in Bridgend area of South Wales, but I can/will travel to accomodate buyer.

No trades on this one thanks gents, I'm all good for gear at the moment..

[attachment=216792:sh full.jpg]

[attachment=216793:sh ba2.jpg]

[attachment=216794:sh ha front.jpg]

[attachment=216795:sh hs rear.jpg]

[attachment=216796:sh pickup.jpg]

[attachment=216797:sh serial.jpg]
[/quote]

Have you still got it? I pmed you.

Edited by SH73