Why become a member? ×

2015 Elite vs 2014 Deluxe Fender Precisions

nash

I know I'm predictable, but can I chip in here and recommend that you have a look at the [url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/jake/4-string"]Maruszczyk Jake[/url]?

I checked out the Fender Deluxe P a while ago - in fact, I ordered one, but sent it back - and ended up with a Jake for loads less money.

(Disclaimer: other basses are available, etc.)

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1460120179' post='3022777']
The Elite has a Musicman style truss rod adjuster, the wheel thing at the body side, I think the sculpting on the heel is different too.
[/quote]

By far the best truss rod adjustment that exists, IMHO. All should be made that way!

I can't see any differences between the Deluxe and Elite Dimension basses, as they had the truss wheel already... And those Deluxes are on sale with massive discounts at Andertons right now, so much that you could probably buy one and sell it for the same if not more on the used market once they've all been sold and the discount sale has been forgotten about!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1460623042' post='3027272']
I can't see any differences between the Deluxe and Elite Dimension basses, as they had the truss wheel already...
[/quote]

Sorry Dannybuoy, I have to respectfully disagree, every picture I can find of a deluxe shows the neck end regular adjustment, albeit with a cutout in the pickguard so you can get a allen key/screwdriver (whichever adjustment it is!) in there..

The Elites heel end is very different with an actual cutout in the neck itself where the MM style adjustment wheel sits..

EDIT: re-read Dannybuoy's post after having it pointed out to me that the question was referring to the Dimension Bass, about which Dannybuoy is correct, the 'wheel' truss adjuster was indeed on the Am Dlx....

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1460628067' post='3027329']
Sorry Dannybuoy, I have to respectfully disagree, every picture I can find of a deluxe shows the neck end regular adjustment, albeit with a cutout in the pickguard so you can get a allen key/screwdriver (whichever adjustment it is!) in there..

The Elites heel end is very different with an actual cutout in the neck itself where the MM style adjustment wheel sits..
[/quote]
The Am Deluxe and Precision had a "normal" truss rod adjustment, but the Dimension always had the Musicman type, it's a Fender version of a Stingray, so it made sense.

Edited by EmmettC

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1460737364' post='3028362']
The Am Deluxe and Precision had a "normal" truss rod adjustment, but the Dimension always had the Musicman type, it's a Fender version of a Stingray, so it made sense.

[/quote]
Ooops! should really read the posts before replying, I was on about the new elite precisions as per the original topic title, Can see now that Dannybuoy clearly stated the Dimension Bass, which indeed did have the wheel adjustment..