Why become a member? ×

Sold - Epiphone Jack Casady
£395

Clint

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1459332297' post='3015456']
Just bought one of these - haven't got it yet though so will be glad to get hold of it to see what it plays like - GLWTS.
[/quote]

I don't think you will be disappointed, they are great basses and very versatile. I prefer the sound of flats on them personally but each to their own! Gibson missed a trick by not re-issuing the original Les Paul Signature bass version

[quote name='Clint' timestamp='1459338100' post='3015540']
I don't think you will be disappointed, they are great basses and very versatile. I prefer the sound of flats on them personally but each to their own! Gibson missed a trick by not re-issuing the original Les Paul Signature bass version
[/quote]

I don't think it would sell half as well as it has done if it was Gibson USA prices. It also would have been axed within 5 years of being introduced if it didn't sell as well as they had hoped - that's the Gibson way. I think they did everyone a favour by passing it across to Epiphone - Epi have made it their own thing with the input of Jack Casady, made it far more accessible to many more people and they're clearly able to build it competently.

I miss mine sometimes, I will acquire one again some time. I had a gold one, think I'll look for a white one next time ;)

And of course, GLWTS!

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1459338532' post='3015550']
I don't think it would sell half as well as it has done if it was Gibson USA prices. It also would have been axed within 5 years of being introduced if it didn't sell as well as they had hoped - that's the Gibson way. I think they did everyone a favour by passing it across to Epiphone - Epi have made it their own thing with the input of Jack Casady, made it far more accessible to many more people and they're clearly able to build it competently.

I miss mine sometimes, I will acquire one again some time. I had a gold one, think I'll look for a white one next time ;)

And of course, GLWTS!
[/quote]

Thanks. yeah I guess thats the Gibson way when it comes to basses. Every now and again they produce a gem (like the ES 355 bass) and within a year they have discontinued production. I guess price is a major thing but also staying the distance with a good product helps! I'd love to try an LPS as a comparison but they are mega pricey nowdays and even rarer to find in the UK.
Anyway as you say Epiphone have taken this bass and made it their own and in my mind its one of the most versatile and best basses under a grand on the market!

These really are great basses. I picked up an Alpine White one a few months back and far from it being a bass to use 'for a change' it's been one of my main basses. Thick, thumping tone but with an edge to it. Not woolly like I feared it would be. My fave's the 250 setting B)

[quote name='Clint' timestamp='1459862179' post='3020329']
BUMP. No love for the JC?
[/quote]

This, to me, is a 'bucket list' bass (and time is ticking on...), but it's really not the right timing for me. Drat, ain't that always the way..? Good luck with the sale.

(...but if it's still here in a few months time... ;) )

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1459864616' post='3020346']
These really are great basses. I picked up an Alpine White one a few months back and far from it being a bass to use 'for a change' it's been one of my main basses. Thick, thumping tone but with an edge to it. Not woolly like I feared it would be. My fave's the 250 setting B)
[/quote]

My favoutrite setting too!
I like the Alpine white but the Gold was always my favourite. I've seen some white ones with a white binding too and they look awesome!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1459864949' post='3020353']
This, to me, is a 'bucket list' bass (and time is ticking on...), but it's really not the right timing for me. Drat, ain't that always the way..? Good luck with the sale.

(...but if it's still here in a few months time... ;) )
[/quote]

Thanks. When th time comes you won't regret getting one!

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1460295037' post='3024396']
Always wanted to try one of these but they never seem to come up locally.
[/quote]
None in the local music shop?
Very diverse sound to them... I like the warm woody tone sound but it can be quite aggresive sounding too