Why become a member? ×

SOLD Pending: Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 5 String
£1550

Kev

Up for sale or trade I have my Warwick Dolphin 5 String Broadneck model. Yes, I'm selling another bass Iv only had for a few months, however this was a bit of an impulse buy. I have been looking for a 5 string dolphin for years, preferably one with standard spacing, but couldn't resist this broadneck model when it came up. Reality is I prefer 18mm spacing, so the 20mm spacing of this is a little too much for me.

One of the rarest Warwick's, this bass was built in 1991; approx 50 were built and there has never been a repeat run. A custom shop order today will be eye-watering! I only know of one other in the UK.

Bass is constructed of highly figured Boire wood, a wood that up until recently I believe was too endangered to be used for guitar building. The neck is 7 piece wenge/zebrano construction with a wenge fingerboard. Neck feels fantastic and not as large as you may think considering the 20mm spacing. Very slim profile ala most vintage Warwicks. All hardware is brass and bass is equipped with Bartolini soapbars and MEC 2 Band preamp. All original and in superb shape for its age. Buckle rash on the back as can be expected, but its in beautiful condition. Neck is set up with the perfect amount of relief and is super-stable. Truss has no issues, electronics are all fine. Bass weighs approx 5KG but will need to double check that.

Bass comes with its original Gig Bag (appropriate condition for age!) and original documents. No tools e.t.c. Have secure packaging to post, collection or meet up preferred. Price includes shipping or my own travel expenses for meet.

A few pictures (One with the Alpher):

Trades? I am interested in post-2009 Warwick basses and Dingwalls, not much else tickles my fancy at the moment. 5 string with mentioned spacing preferred, will listen to 4's or 6's. I am located in Leamington Spa.

Cheers

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1458143149' post='3005073']
:lol: :lol: lovely thing. You won't see many of these around folks.

'Kev selling a Warwick' shocker
[/quote]
Haha! Cheers bud ;)

I probably sell more Warwicks in the UK than Warwick themselves!

I have a 1990 Dolphin pro 1 4 string in gloss black, I love it they are so cool and the neck profiles are just spot on, so much better in my opinion than the Warwick modern necks.
In your picture you could do with a couple more knobs on the bass to the left by the way, maybe stacked as well :-)
Should not be here long.

Regards
Rob

[quote name='big rob' timestamp='1458146568' post='3005105']
I have a 1990 Dolphin pro 1 4 string in gloss black, I love it they are so cool and the neck profiles are just spot on, so much better in my opinion than the Warwick modern necks.
In your picture you could do with a couple more knobs on the bass to the left by the way, maybe stacked as well :-)
Should not be here long.

Regards
Rob
[/quote]

Cheers for comments bud, Dolphin in gloss black sounds tasty :)

it of a Swiss Army knife the other bass, each knob has its purpose i assure you! ;)

Being one of the happy few that owns one of those, I express my utter love for this bass. The neck is a dream, sound is pure tight bliss, comfortable as your sofa.

I, sadly, care about my balls so I won't try to snatch this one up, as the arrival of a fifth Dolphin will probably put my Beloved wife into Lorena Bobbit mode.

Here's a quick recording I made with mine (slight difference as mine has a NOLL preamp).

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBGR19sKGjw"]https://www.youtube....h?v=KBGR19sKGjw[/url]

Edited by Henrythe8

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1458160795' post='3005267']
Same period and my old 4 string Pro I also had 20mm string spacing (44mm nut width), I was never into slap but when slappers tried it they loved the separation. Oddly it never felt a handful as it was quite shallow in depth.
[/quote]

Yes, I would agree with the slapping comment. Very nice and easy to slap with this spacing :)

I missed that from the OP, the nut width of this fella is 47mm :)

Cheers for the sound clip Henry!

[quote name='noise_art' timestamp='1458203317' post='3005461']
It's pitty that you're not looking for trade :)
If I will sell sth from my inventory, can add some $$ and gonna buy it :)
Cheers!
[/quote]

More than open to trade, if you have anything feel free to shoot me a pm :)