Why become a member? ×

Carol Kaye - Proof that an old woman With Arthritis can kick your arse on the bass

keefbaker

Hmmm Carol Kaye not sure about her yes she could kick my ass on bass and a great player. Dislike her personality a bit.
I don't know why as I started off liking her and thought she was cool and had some great bass lines and have really enjoyed reading or watching documentaries about her. I respect what she has done but she grates on me.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1455890099' post='2983344']
I respect what she has done but she grates on me.
[/quote][quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1455890203' post='2983345']
She has very specific ideas on how things should be done that won't fit right with everyone.
[/quote]

+1

Agreed. One can simply not remember it all, and one can feel a certain closeness to certain songs, and erroneously think the closeness is from having played on it.
I don't believe at all that she does this deliberately.

Me, I'm on probably 4 to 6 songs on a certain recording, and [b]nobody[/b] knows who played exactly what. Even listening carefully to style, we could not find it out at all.
Again and again it was a case of: "this could be A or B, but thinking about it, C also plays like this sometimes".

Agree about her irritating personality but I kinda like the idea of who she is..a fully rounded professional electric bassplayer which I most definitely am not and never will be.
I love to think about the stuff she has played on...all those 70's Lalo Schifrin TV cop themes, films and the rest etc...she was/is top class and was around at the right time.