Why become a member? ×

How The Beatles still grip Liverpool ...

EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1456082808' post='2985249']
Another night the text was ' I am in same bar as Noddy Holder but too nervous to say hello'. Seems like proud parents visiting, as myself and Mrs ET did last week.[/quote]

If they were there as a family they're best left alone, he doesn't appreciate them being interrupted then, but if he's on his todd and looks amiable buy him a malt & he may well "hold court".
I met up with him after a book talk he did before Xmas and we were slavering for the best part of two hours; his touring days, guitars - he still rates John Birch, family, catching up on who's doing what now & a "guess who" as to who he says did a much better Xmas song than Slade's.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1456085634' post='2985288']
If they were there as a family they're best left alone, he doesn't appreciate them being interrupted then, but if he's on his todd and looks amiable buy him a malt & he may well "hold court".
I met up with him after a book talk he did before Xmas and we were slavering for the best part of two hours; his touring days, guitars - he still rates John Birch, family, catching up on who's doing what now & a "guess who" as to who he says did a much better Xmas song than Slade's.
[/quote]
I don't know if family was there, presumably not as Django missing.

Anyway, my advice was don't just go up to people when they are in a group and start chatting at them. It's rude.

[quote name='Freddy Le Cragg' timestamp='1456072368' post='2985104']
in the meantime, come to Oxford for the official Tallulah Gosh Experience tour, stay at the Ride hotel and take a wander to the pub where Gary Glitter once won a fiver out of the fruit machine!
[/quote]

I was thinking perhaps I'd prefer the Ashmolean.

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1456073416' post='2985117']
Come to Halesowen, where everyone knows someone who knows someone whose dad used to go to school with Robert Plant. Or Glenn Tipton.
[/quote]

Bill Oddie used to go to Lapal Primary School and Halesowen Grammar School.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1456239015' post='2986914']

Bill Oddie used to go to Lapal Primary School and Halesowen Grammar School.
[/quote]

My youngest lad goes to Earls- formerly Halesowen Grammar. You think there'd be a statue of The Goodies there at least...