Why become a member? ×

Bass part stand-ins.

spectoremg

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1455259423' post='2977482']

Ah, I remember reading a story where they'd been in the studio, Wyman had gone off for lunch, came back and found the bass had been recorded and wasn't happy. I could easily have got that wrong though
[/quote]

That sounds believable. From reading Bill's book there was always a bit of a game going on with royalties. So if they could record bass and cut Bill from the royalties from the record sales, they would. It's amazing that band has lasted so long. That said, Bill's no longer there, but I believe Charlie Watts doesn't sit at the top table in the Stones either.

Off topic, but my understanding is that there are a load of classic Stones songs that Wyman, Jones & Watts made major contributions to that are simpy credited to Jagger/Richards.

I'd guess that from their perspective a smaller slice of a big pie was better than no pie at all.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1455277750' post='2977685']
Off topic, but my understanding is that there are a load of classic Stones songs that Wyman, Jones & Watts made major contributions to that are simpy credited to Jagger/Richards.

I'd guess that from their perspective a smaller slice of a big pie was better than no pie at all.
[/quote]After the financial revelations about his last divorce settlement and the hoo-ha about the screening rights to their Glasto appearance I don't see Jagger as the most financially generous bloke.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1455294101' post='2977949']
After the financial revelations about his last divorce settlement and the hoo-ha about the screening rights to their Glasto appearance I don't see Jagger as the most financially generous bloke.
[/quote]
He isn't-if you read the GnR biography "let it bleed", you will see axl learned everything about penny pinching from watching Jagger on tour as their support

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1455239415' post='2977459']
Paul Simon plays bass on 'You Can Call Me Al' - the part is played on a six string bass and decorates alongside the familiar groove
[/quote]

I thought it was a big fat black guy (if you'll excuse the blunt description.) I have a foggy memory of seeing him interviewed and saying that he was 'allowed' to put the mini bass solo in because it was being recorded on his birthday.

I could have dreamt that, though.

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1455312011' post='2978186']

I thought it was a big fat black guy (if you'll excuse the blunt description.) I have a foggy memory of seeing him interviewed and saying that he was 'allowed' to put the mini bass solo in because it was being recorded on his birthday.

I could have dreamt that, though.
[/quote]
Bakithi kumalo

[quote name='DaveFry' timestamp='1455236240' post='2977451']
The Beach Boys did a tour between Dec 64 and March 65 without Brian Wilson . They enlisted Glen Campbell to play bass and sing the falsetto harmonies .
-- At the same time . Respec' ! B)
[/quote]

I think you can actually see a young Glen Campbell with the Beach Boys when they played The Tami Show.

Blue