Why become a member? ×

PRS basses

franzbassist

[quote name='Waldo' post='289824' date='Sep 23 2008, 12:01 PM']Thankyou, they'd better not mess the film up like they did with V For Vendetta :huh: :)[/quote]

Well the trailer looks bloody good, Pumpkins backing track and all that. Zack Snyder made a good job of 300 in my opinion, but it’s going to be very hard to do a decent job of watchman. They’ll be riots of socially awkward young men if they ruin it.

[quote name='ped' post='289978' date='Sep 23 2008, 02:08 PM']Hehe nope. I had no idea what it was until I put it on. Good stuff if you ask me, though I can imagine the book is even better as the film had a lot of scope.

Who is your avatar then?

ped[/quote]

That the rub with film I think. It's probably decent enough if you havn't read the book (you yourself are testament to that) but if you've read the book, it's an abomination.

My avatar is a character from Watchmen, another Alan Moore novel, which is widely considered to be the greatest graphic novel ever written (it's even on Time magazines 100 greatest ever English language novels list) and it's currently being made into a film, out next year.

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='ped' post='290002' date='Sep 23 2008, 02:28 PM']Oooh OK... you should probably watch that one with caution, then! I think the only film I have watched after reading the book was 'free Willy' (Read in at Center Parcs) and was pretty disappointed[/quote]

I think the film didn't really deal with some of the deeply philosophical moments that were present in the book.

Not really :)

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...

pardon the late post but I missed this thread somehow

I love the sound of my PRS & look forward to hearing how you got on with your's

[attachment=14446:DSCN0871.JPG]

[attachment=14445:DSCN0873.JPG]

[attachment=14447:DSCN0870.JPG]