Why become a member? ×

I am getting old.....

Bilbo

I just bought a Mono Twin bass case, one of the ones that takes two electric basses. I have a single one for my Wal already but needed one for when I take my seven string out as well. The case was delivered three days ago and I still haven't opened the box it came in. I guess I am not the excitable teenager I once was ;)

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1452335414' post='2948925']
Hmmm, I thought you were going to say that once you'd put both basses inside it you didn't have the strength to carry the thing! :unsure:
[/quote]

That`s what I was expecting - I think it would certainly be true in my case (pardon the pun).

A young bull and an old bull are standing at the top of a hill . The young one exclaims " Hey . there is a herd of cows down there ! Let's charge down and bonk one each ! ".
The old one calmly replies " No. We'll walk down there and bonk the lot of them . " ;)

[quote name='DaveFry' timestamp='1452343308' post='2949046']
A young bull and an old bull are standing at the top of a hill . The young one exclaims " Hey . there is a herd of cows down there ! Let's charge down and bonk one each ! ".
The old one calmly replies " No. We'll walk down there and bonk the lot of them . " ;)
[/quote]

An old (well not that old) wise and played with a ton of famous people bass mentor of mine once said this a lot to me

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1452335414' post='2948925']
Hmmm, I thought you were going to say that once you'd put both basses inside it you didn't have the strength to carry the thing! :unsure:
[/quote]

Bilbo hasn't opened the case and tried it out yet. With a Wal and a 7 string in there I look forward to next week's "I'm REALLY getting old" thread...

Well hurry up and open it I'd be interested to hear how you get on :)

Like you I also currently have the single mono with a Wal in it but have the need to transport two basses... I came to the conclusion that the double would be too heavy to be practical though?

Edited by CamdenRob