Why become a member? ×

Tiny ickle bit of grit/grind

uncle psychosis

Cog effects knightfall has a nice bit of grind to it, the normal version has a blend so you can dial it in/out to taste.

but if youre already liking the screamer sound, maybe look for something tubescreamer based, or similar to? COG darklighter maybe?

fulltone bassdrive? xotic bass BB? there are loads

Edited by Ant

The Ginger and the Blueberry both do warmer valve type grind. Although they're great at what they do, neither of these have a blend. If you're after a bit of gnarly treble bite blended in with your clean sound to help with note definition, then the Bass Soul Food will absolutely do it. And it's dead cheap. I wasn't sold on the BSF until I used it at gig volume - it really comes alive when it's loud, and mine's not moving off my board anytime soon.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1452120683' post='2946806']

Will the EHX Bass Soul Food get close to this kind of sound, or should I be looking elsewhere? Its really hard to find demos of this kind of sound, 99% of youtube demos are people running way more gain than I want to.
[/quote]

I thought EHX own demo was pretty good - goes through a whole range of tones including one with gain on zero:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMt1qhQkqd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMt1qhQkqd4[/url]