Why become a member? ×

NOAD - My First Ampeg

Tweedledum

Just wanted to share my delight with you guys.... B) B) B)

I always tended more to British (HIWATT and Sound City) and German (Echolette) valve amps, so this is the first Ampeg amp I own. Anyway, I find the fliptop amps quite appealing, but the Heritage B-15 reissue is far too expensive for my taste, and old/vintage B-15s are offered rarely and you never know what you get...

When I found this SB-12 from a very reliable seller, I couln't resist. The SB-12 never was produced for the international market, but some specimens found their way to Europe. This particular one dates to 1966 acc. to the pot codes and serial number. It's 99% original - including the tubes - and in very good shape. It's almost like new!

The former owner modified the AC connection to a three-conductor cable to add a ground wire, which I think is a very sensible modification. The speaker connection is still the original one via the latches. I don't know how reliable these latches are, so I 'm probably going to change this and add an external speaker connection.

It sounds so sweet with my '64 Precision! This is the perfect living room/recording/acoustic session rig. I'm really happy.