Why become a member? ×

Fender: Super Bassman / Bassman 410 Neo

gsgbass

I pulled the trigger on the Fender: Super Bassman / Bassman 410 Neo. Great sounds, and easy enough to move around. The Bassman 410 Neo is 55 lbs. A nice compact size also, that fits in the backseat of a Toyota Corolla S, with no issues. Both channels on the Super are very easy to set, and a footswitch comes standard with it. My Jazz sounded very good through it.

Edited by gsgbass

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1451472777' post='2940699']
Hubba hubba, great vintage looking rig there gsg.
[/quote]

Hello Lozz! Thank you sir. First and most important, [b]HAPPY NEW YEAR,[/b] to you. Since you're 2016 gets going before mine does. I like the sounds I'm getting out of the Bassman setup. The Precision, and the Jazz don't seem to be as particular for what amp they're played through. Yeah,…….. I've always liked the traditional Fender Bassman look. You know how old men are.

Edited by gsgbass

I've got (and very much like) a Bassman TV15. Thinking about the Bassman 500 which I suspect I would like equally but have a potentially daft question which I'll ask anyway....

How much of a trade off is there with going for the cheaper and lighter Rumble cabs (say a 1 X 15 and a 4 X 10) against the impressive looking Neo versions?

[quote name='Tripehound' timestamp='1451682196' post='2942501']
I've got (and very much like) a Bassman TV15. Thinking about the Bassman 500 which I suspect I would like equally but have a potentially daft question which I'll ask anyway....

How much of a trade off is there with going for the cheaper and lighter Rumble cabs (say a 1 X 15 and a 4 X 10) against the impressive looking Neo versions?
[/quote]
I think you'd have to let your own ears decide on that.
I use the newer Rumble combo with the 210 extension and couldn't be happier with tone it gives me. I have more expensive gear sitting around that I don't use.