Why become a member? ×

SOLD, mods please remove, thanks. Markbass CMD 102P Combo - Italian made. EDIT - May trade for bass head
£525

Marc S

Thinking of selling my Markbass CMD 102 bass combo amp.
It's the Italian made version, not the indonesian version, and it's the Mark 11 head.
I think I've had it for about 5 years, but I've got 2 rigs, so it's not done every gig with me
Mainly just the larger ones....

EDIT: MAY NOW BE TEMPTED TO TRADE FOR BASS HEAD
see latest post

In overall great condition. It has been gigged, but not excessively, and never really driven hard. On its' own, it's a 300W combo, rated at 8 ohms, but with the addition of a further 8 ohm cab, you get 500W from this amazing combo.
Great sound, great condition - though I don't have the cover for it.

I'm only selling as I have decided to go down the route of using a smaller head, and separate, lightweight speakers
To reduce the size of boxes in my car (it gets a bit full when I'm playing DB as well as Bass guitar - along with an additional cab!)

You're of course welcome to come & try the amp. I'm in Cardiff. I'd prefer not to deliver by courier, following previous experiences, and in any case, I'd rather you tried the amp and were happy with it. Alternatively, I can meet somewhere.......

It's never let me down, and has an amazing sound, and variety of tones. I particularly like the filters on this amp
You can even get a really valve-like sound from them, or more modern tones, depending on your preference
It also sounds really good with a DB

I may yet decide to keep this amp, as I really do like it. I could just do with freeing up some space

I'll take photos later, and post them if anyones interested

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Mickeyboro' timestamp='1450692995' post='2934851']
My regular amp at a better price than I paid for it. Get stuck in - this is a bargain!
[/quote]
Cheers for that Mickeyboro :)
It's a brilliant amp! Bumpity bump....

Thanks for the bumps guys, and a thought that I may consider a trade.
Possibly for a TC electronic BH250 head,
Or a PJ precision - either a Squier VM series PJ,
Or poss a MIM, pref in sunburst, but WHY?
... with suitable cash adjustment....

And merry Christmas too :)

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1451222313' post='2938866']
Bump, someone please buy this - so I can buy karlfers bass!!
..... please :)
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
Good call Marc.

Good thing with the Italian ones is they are likely to hold their value better, especially when they get harder to find in a year or two.
Having said that, these were originally around £1000 new if I remember correctly.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1451433050' post='2940524']

:lol: :lol:
Good call Marc.

Good thing with the Italian ones is they are likely to hold their value better, especially when they get harder to find in a year or two.
Having said that, these were originally around £1000 new if I remember correctly.
[/quote]

Yes, they were £1, 100 new at one time.
Good point re them possibly becoming harder to find.
These are seriously good combos.

Just thinking of other trade options - I'd love karlfers roadworn p
But may also consider a Limelight

But someone buy this quick - or I'm going to regret letting karlfers RW P pass by

I was thinking of looking for one of these in a few months when I've had chance to sell some surplus gear, but of the deal is right I might be tempted to move sooner.

The main concen would be picking it up - it's a long drive from West Yorkshire to Cardiff! How much would a courier cost or will you be driving north at some point / would you be prepared to meet halfway??

Hi Peteb,

Yes, it's a long way to Yorkshire from South Wales :o
Even half way is quite some drive, and I'm not planning on driving that way anytime soon

I have no idea how much a courier would be tbh
Let me see if I can find some prices for P&P (and a sturdy box)

Cheers

Hi iamtheelvy,
Yes, I think it is essentially the same amp head, which is / was available separately....
It's a better version of the earlier Mk 1 head. A pal of mine has exactly the same amp, but with the earlier Mk 1 head
Same great sound, but you have to be more careful with active basses, or it cuts out

This amp handles active basses really well

yes, I would be happy to drive to Bristol to meet up (I often go there anyway)

Cheers

A few interested parties, but no-one with the readies at this time of year
This amp is advertised elsewhere too, and I'm getting low offers
Bump, before it ends up going for silly money....

I'm now tempted to trade this combo for a small, lightweight bass head
I'll be looking to sell my Phil Jones head in a month or two
So I'm really looking for a head with 2 separate inputs / channels, as I use 2 very different EQ's when doubling up DB and bass guitar

PM me with any trade possibilities - not really sure what's out there by way of small lightweight 2 channel heads? So WHY?
Or could go for small head, and some sort of preamp (I have an A,B, Y switch)

Cheers