Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR300 -want

skidder652003

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1450165560' post='2930086']
I do like the look of the White one...

How tight is the string spacing?
[/quote]

Standard 19mm at the bridge on these so the spacing with the right hand is pretty normal. It is very narrow at the nut however, around 38mm (my tape measure is a little iffy) so a bit thinner than a Jazz bass. Add to that the thin nature of the neck front to back and it feels very small. I love the look but I find mine gives me terrible wrist pain after playing - just too small for my hands I guess.

One thing I would say is that these have the most amazing slap sound. I have no idea what causes it but they just have a beautiful metallic 'pop' that I have yet to find on anything else other than perhaps a very expensive MM Stingray I tried.

I have one, bought from Evil Undead of this parish. It's tuned (as I have it) BEAD and the only issue I have with it (apart from not playing it enough) is that the bottom bout is so thin it's unpleasant to rest on your leg for any length of time.

Played an Sr 300 was not that impressed by the electrics and the neck tho slim felt a bit odd, though they seem well built etc. I think they are priced about right.

Sr 500 much better in the electrics shame about how the body's get marked.

Above that they really come into there own would love a higher end Sr