Why become a member? ×

Copy and paste problems

ead

Hi there

I can't get either posts or PMs to accept a paste from another source e.g. Word docs, web links etc. I have also noticed that if I type at my normal speed half the characters go missing and it takes ages to type anything.

I also notice that on occasion the red wavy line in spellchecker hovers under a word and flashes a bit. Very odd.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1449442101' post='2923646']
Hi there

I can't get either posts or PMs to accept a paste from another source e.g. Word docs, web links etc. I have also noticed that if I type at my normal speed half the characters go missing and it takes ages to type anything.

I also notice that on occasion the red wavy line in spellchecker hovers under a word and flashes a bit. Very odd.
[/quote]

I had problems, as you describe, with the latest Windows explorer. I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and used that instead. Problem solved. https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/

Thanks for the above. Previously everything had worked fine both at home and work. I guess I have noticed this in the last month or two.

Windows 7 at home with IE or Chrome. Not sure at work but think it's Windows NT with either IE or Chrome.

Will try FF at home but will not be allowed to do so at work.

Alain

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1449495509' post='2923978']
Will try FF at home but will not be allowed to do so at work.
[/quote]

You can try using this to launch another browser at work without actually installing it:

https://turbo.net/browsers

This is often used by web developers to test their sites in older versions of various browsers, but it also comes in handy for working around restrictions!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 4 months later...