Why become a member? ×

Drummer has handed in his notice

AndyTravis

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1449185716' post='2921466']
There must be a basschat equivelant like .....errrr.... Drumchat ? Loads of talented chimps on here so in the drummers parallel universe of drum chat there may be just the guy waiting for you?
[/quote]

Best equivalent is Drummer World (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1449181522' post='2921434']
We're going through the same thing. Our drummer gave notice a few weeks ago.

What's so depressing is that our drummer is top shelf, great timing, great fills and chops, he reminds me of Mitch Mitchells. he really moved our band up a notch with his sound. He's older ,my age early 60s and wants to cut back on gigging.

I don't know what were going to do, we might have to take a hit on drum quality, were not going to find anyone as good as him and it's hard to find guys that will put up with our busy schedule.

Blue
[/quote]

This is most pertinent...guys who work don't want to be out there 3 times a week, week in, week out,
Very few and far bewtween and I'd offered those that do (with a full time job) have no other life.

My friends band have this issue and one of the reasons I wouldn't join...
The best way out of it will be to form two bands out of it... so the full timers can
take all the gigs they need to and the other guys can fill in where they want and can.

On the any note, if a guy isn't current then I'm not sure how much time I'd give them.
If they hadn't picked up sticks for 2 years...and depending what they were like then, then I'd
be very very wary and if it wasn't there in a rehearsal then that would it right there and then.

If people practise at home and they just aren't gig fit, then that is different.

Hohoho merry Christmas!

Chap called Jimmy turned up last night, similar age group, had already set his kit up, similar sense of humour...not a bad drummer at all!

So at the end of a full rehearsal (if only sent him 5 songs but he played along all night) I just put my hand up and said "put your hand up if we should ask Jimmy to join the band" and everyone did - he was taken aback, think he's quite a humble lad.

He was very complimentary after the rehearsal, and think we'll be alright...