Why become a member? ×

The most misleading/confused listing of all time?

Clarky

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACDC-PHIL-LYNOTT-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-guitar-BA42_W0QQitemZ300257524168QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300257524168&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACDC-PHIL-LYNOTT-FEN...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

PS, its a Gibson SG toy

WTF!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='281376' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:19 PM']Maybe this is in fact marketing genius?

Perhaps I could advertise a kettle on eBay as:

JIMI-HENDRIX-METALLICA-THRASH-METAL-kettle[/quote]

:) :huh: :huh: :huh:

its funny, i had a listing pulled for once for 'keyword spamming' withing hours, and it wasnt even spamming (my boss bassman pedal, i entitled it Boss Fender Bassman effects pedal, it was pulled for using Fender and Boss in the same title, despite that being exactly what it was!), but yet they don't do anything about this

[quote name='BassManKev' post='281883' date='Sep 11 2008, 01:27 PM']its funny, i had a listing pulled for once for 'keyword spamming' withing hours, and it wasnt even spamming (my boss bassman pedal, i entitled it Boss Fender Bassman effects pedal, it was pulled for using Fender and Boss in the same title, despite that being exactly what it was!), but yet they don't do anything about this[/quote]

I know the feeling, listing a G&L L2000 "by Leo Fender", to distinguish it from the later "Guitars by Leo" versions, exactly as the text printed on the headstock reads, only to have eBay pull it shortly after it was load for keyword spamming. Honesty and full description/disclosure are obviously not qualities eBay prioritise in listings.