Why become a member? ×

New Band.... New Instrument?!

charic

Well I've finally managed to find a band that looks like it's going somewhere! Especially from how our manager is talking! However, bit of a change of instrument as this time around I'm playing keys!

We're playing symphonic metal (female fronted) and the band is called Curvature. Got a fair number of gigs lined up and talk of a bit of travel in our near future.

Have a listen if you fancy (old lineup) : https://open.spotify.com/track/50xP7OkCpuZsGdOtONBKWj

Facebook is here if you like it! :D https://www.facebook.com/CurvatureOfficial?fref=ts

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1443536253' post='2875620']
Not really my kind of thing but I've forwarded your link to a friend, it's right up her street.

You need to get one of those keyboards you can wear on a strap & have a guitar type neck for holding onto!
[/quote]

Unfortunately I've just blown a decent some of money onto a new keyboard but a keytar is definitely on the cards for the future! :lol:

And thanks for sharing it! :D

You need to get one of those keyboards you can wear on a strap & have a guitar type neck for holding onto!
[/quote]

My dad is the least style conscious man to have walked the earth and even he would draw the line at being seen in public with one of those...

Edited by CamdenRob

Not really my kind of thing but I've forwarded your link to a friend, it's right up her street.

[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! No one EVER looked good playing a "keytar". NO ONE. EVER. EVER EVER EVER!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1443542285' post='2875677']

Can't you guess from the clothes, hair and my youthful looks?

Me onstage with my synth rock band at the 1986 Nottingham Rock & Reggae Festival
[/quote]

Haha, it was a rhetorical gybe due to the fact that it is the most 80s looking pic I've ever seen.
I had no idea that NRRF had been going so long.
Great picture 👍

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1443542714' post='2875683']
I had no idea that NRRF had been going so long.
[/quote]

O/T

IIRC the R&R Festival started in 1982 - funded by money that was available to fix some of the inner-city problems that had led to the Hyson Green Riots the previous year. It was a free festival for all of the 80s and IMO lost its way in the 90s when the fence went up and the organisers tried to charge money to get in. i can remember in the mid-90s sitting on the slope outside the fence enjoying the music for free while the tiny number of people who'd paid to get in milled about looking very unhappy.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1443534469' post='2875600']
Well I've finally managed to find a band that looks like it's going somewhere! Especially from how our manager is talking! However, bit of a change of instrument as this time around I'm playing keys!

We're playing symphonic metal (female fronted) and the band is called Curvature. Got a fair number of gigs lined up and talk of a bit of travel in our near future.

Have a listen if you fancy (old lineup) : https://open.spotify.com/track/50xP7OkCpuZsGdOtONBKWj

Facebook is here if you like it! :D https://www.facebook.com/CurvatureOfficial?fref=ts
[/quote]
I used to know their original keyboard player (Matte Black) but haven't seen or heard from him in ages and think he left them a few years ago. They pop up on my fb feed every now and again. Defo not my cup of tea music wise but they do seem to put plenty of effort in. Hope it goes well for you.

Wow that's loaded small...

11th Oct - The Face Bar, Reading
30th Oct - Halloween Ball, ECC Club, Wolverhampton
14th Nov - Scruffy Murphy's, Birmingham
21st Nov - The Rock Den, Hatfield
12th Dec - Headline @ Rock Zombie, Dudley
13th Dec - Femmetalism Festival (Sheffield, venue TBA)

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1443561994' post='2875870']
I used to know their original keyboard player (Matte Black) but haven't seen or heard from him in ages and think he left them a few years ago. They pop up on my fb feed every now and again. Defo not my cup of tea music wise but they do seem to put plenty of effort in. Hope it goes well for you.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've met Matte. He still comes along to a few gigs, nice fella!