Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD! TECAMP Puma 500 mint condition £400
£400

tonyclaret

TECAMP puma 500 in tip top condition in box with instructions power lead and aux lead.

Bargain at £400 posted in the uk

Product Details
TecAmp Puma 500, 500W transistor bass head, active 4-band equalizer, "Taste" control, tuner out, mute switch, transformer-balanced DI (pre- & post- swichable) with ground lift, serial effekt loop, line out, line in, 3,5mm aux-in, 3,5mm headphone out, 500W into 4 Ohms, 300W into 8 Ohms, class D power amp, 115/230 V/AC switchable, dimensions (WHD in cm ): 27 x 4,5 x 21, weight: 1,35kg, Made in Germany!

Edited by tonyclaret

It's clean, but slightly warm. Big broad EQ, and the lowest EQ point is really more for cutting than boosting. Not like the Tone Hammer much, at least to my ears and through my cabs. I didn't really gel with the Tone Hammer.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1441991573' post='2863672']
How does this compare to the Tonehammer? Is it super crisp and clean?
[/quote]

It's got a nice clean tone, not super clean like the Genz Shuttle. As much I loved the shuttle, I often found it a bit thin, this amp I would say is a bit more note heavy. it probably lies in between the two. Shuttle and tonehammer. It can go from clean to dark with the taste knob which useful. Without having alter other tonal controls much or if at all.

Hope that helps.

Edited by tonyclaret