Why become a member? ×

Now sold
£425

Osiris

Up for sale is my NJ series BC Rich Mockingbird.

I bought this new in around 1990/91 and it's in very good condition for its age; there are a few small dings and scratches as to be expected with an instrument that has been gigged regularly for a quarter of a century, but nothing significant.

The bass has a through-neck design. The wings, I think, are maple - but I could be wrong on this. ...
I had a brass nut fitted several years ago, other than that everything is original.
The pickups are BC Rich own brand passive, reverse P configuration and have a MASSIVE full range sound. The pole pieces each have an Allen key fitting so they can be individually raised or lowered if you wish, although I have never moved them!
The neck has 24 frets, a rosewood fret board with mother of pearl diamond shaped inlays.

Due to the body shape, the balance when worn on a strap isn't the best. Because of this I have fitted an additional strap button to the middle of the back of the body, which certainly helps reduce the problem if not actually cure it. There is also an additional strap button fitted on the end of the body.

It fits nicely into an old but functional Warwick rock bag which is included with the bass.

I'm asking £425 posted within the UK, please, or £400 collected. I'm based in east Northants.
No trades, thanks as I need to thin the heard a bit!

Middle age, expanding waist and receding hair lines force sale.

[attachment=199759:Front.jpg][attachment=199755:Body.jpg][attachment=199760:Head.jpg][attachment=199757:Back.jpg][attachment=199758:Body back.jpg]

Edited by Osiris

[quote name='BigJim' timestamp='1441191682' post='2856747']
Where in Northants are you? I'm Northampton
[/quote]

I'm in Irchester, between Wellingborough and Northampton.
Are you looking to go for a test drive???