Why become a member? ×

S.E. BassBash 27 Sept Lift-Share Thread

phil_the_bassist

I was thinking of going myself if only to meet the other basschatters but thought the cost a little too high...

If you fancy chipping in to the petrol costs we could car share yours or mine either way

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='278567' date='Sep 6 2008, 01:31 PM'](long shot) anyone coming from the midlands?[/quote]

[quote name='Monz' post='283357' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:16 PM']I was thinking of going myself if only to meet the other basschatters but thought the cost a little too high...

If you fancy chipping in to the petrol costs we could car share yours or mine either way[/quote]

Fantastic, yeah I could definitely be up for this. I wasn’t planning on going due to logistics (lack of car on my part) but if this is viable then I will make arrangements to be free on the 27th, i.e square it with the boss (girlfriend) :)

Are you coming from Barnsley then? I’m in Derby…

[quote name='urb' post='284815' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:33 AM']Hi G-77 you still got room? Or shall I use the train? If any other London types wanna meet at Waterloo (I think that's right station) then we can always have a little train party... drop your thoughts here.

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

You're not going to come and play that "jazz" are you??

He he... thoughts from something I read in another thread about bass bashes.

Actually Mike, it would be great to see you there - bring your Boss Looper to show off some chops man!

[quote name='urb' post='285083' date='Sep 16 2008, 02:46 PM']hey - I bought a return ticket from Waterloo for £11.50 - so that's me sorted - I'll probably get a cab to the venue from there... so er, see some of you there

m[/quote]

I'm probably going to do the same thing - my season ticket will get me into London and for 11.50 it's not worth driving.

The venue is walkable from the station - 1.6 miles according to google. I guess it just depends on how much stuff you're planning to bring.

Pete

[quote name='pete.young' post='285605' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:59 AM']I'm probably going to do the same thing - my season ticket will get me into London and for 11.50 it's not worth driving.

The venue is walkable from the station - 1.6 miles according to google. I guess it just depends on how much stuff you're planning to bring.

Pete[/quote]
I think someone has offered to do some taxi work on the day to help with this, so maybe it would be useful for people to give an idea of when they're aiming to get there on the day?

I think it was Hamster....

[quote name='urb' post='285083' date='Sep 16 2008, 02:46 PM']hey - I bought a return ticket from Waterloo for £11.50 - so that's me sorted - I'll probably get a cab to the venue from there... so er, see some of you there

m[/quote]

Hey Urb

could possibly join you. I'll confirm nearer the time, but the train is looking like my best bet too.

McD

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='285662' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:51 AM']I think someone has offered to do some taxi work on the day to help with this, so maybe it would be useful for people to give an idea of when they're aiming to get there on the day?

I think it was Hamster....[/quote]

Indeed-de-doodly :)

I'm aiming to be there for 10am ish, but have to leave by 1.30pm (as I've just been told about band rehersals)

If you want a lift from/to a nearby station around those times PM me for my mobile number and give me a call when you're 15mins or so from the station - I'll come and get you :huh:

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

• 2 weeks later...