Why become a member? ×

Fender RE75 LPB limited edition , Stingray 1979 , Precision JV , Stingray 4 Transgreen

Hiperi0n

Sadly i have to part with some basses of my collection , cause i have to pay in next future for a mba master that costs a lot

here we have for sale a

Fender Re75 limited edition in lake placid blue ,made in Usa , only 400 around made , an istant classic and will be for sure an investiment for the future..it plays wonderful , nice smooth jazz tone 1700 euros

Stingray pre ernie ball of 1979 , sunburst colour , all original (only the pickguard should not be original but a later replacement ) , wonderful condition , fingerboard have some wear but still a lot of life in it , a groove machine 1950 euros

Stingray 4 , in the rare transgreen finish with matching headstock!! this a very rare colour discontinued , rosewood fingerboard , very nice stingray , plays very well 1050 euros

Fender Squier Precision , JV series , in the quite rare fiesta red colour , it should be a 1983 , mint condition , great sound and will increase for sure it's value in the future 1050 euros

Prices are in euros...i ship everywhere with tracked package..i have several feedbacks here..please don't offer me trades...i don't need other basses..i only sell for the economic needs if not i will never part with any of that bass

you can watch pictures of the bass on my personal site [url="http://www.bassoffice.tk"]HERE[/url] and go in basses for sale section.....

i'm sure someone will be happy with those beauties

Edited by Hiperi0n

• 4 weeks later...

If you got to the MusciMan web site and check out one of the models (I clicked on the SR5), there's a bunch of colour options on there and one is called "Vintage Sunburst" and it looks pretty much like the one being sold here. I've not seen a MMan in that finish before, but clearly it is one that is available.

guys this is an original finish sunburst of late 70's , now they made a reproduction called "vintage sunburst" as someone said......i would really like you don't insult someone to be lying before to know how the things are....
the pickguard is true, can be not original..if it's really important in a music man. The finish is absolutely original...here an example of vintage sunburst on a stingray , very similar to mine

[url="http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1815215"]http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1815215[/url]

Edited by Hiperi0n

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='295100' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:41 AM']guys this is an original finish sunburst of late 70's , now they made a reproduction called "vintage sunburst" as someone said......i would really like you don't insult someone to be lying before to know how the things are....
the pickguard is true, can be not original..if it's really important in a music man. The finish is absolutely original...here an example of vintage sunburst on a stingray , very similar to mine

[url="http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1815215"]http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1815215[/url][/quote]

I am no expert but the finish looks original to me. Some more detailed shots of the neck pocket may help prove this.

I don't understand above whether you are agreeing that the pickguard is non-original? In your first post you stated that everything was original - is this the case or not?

Steve

i'm not sure about the pickguard because i always seen black or white on that time stingrays..anyway i bought it with that pickguard on.....but as was said the pickguard on stingrays is not really important.....on fenders the pickguards have the serial number that is why are so important..you can recognize if they are original or not...
on vintage music man there is no way to check out if you have an original pickguard or not , no date , signs , or brands on them

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='276054' date='Sep 3 2008, 09:52 AM']Sadly i have to part with some basses of my collection , cause i have to pay in next future for a mba master that costs a lot[/quote]
I'd like to believe you, but the list of 30 or so (expensive) sold basses on your website suggests you're a dealer.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='295166' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:59 AM']Does it matter? A pickguard is a pickguard[/quote]

It certainly matters to me. If I am buying a vintage instrument as ALL original then every part of it should be unchanged or it should be labelled as not ALL original. If you take a 65 jazz worth £5000 and put a non original pickguard on it you devalue it by hundreds of pounds. This is the same but to a lesser degree.

Steve

Jesus christ; I don't know why everyone gets such a monk on about whether people are dealers or not, what does it matter, Hiperion has been on here for ages, if memory serves he was also on Bassworld way back when so he isn't some Johnny come lately and if you check his posts you'd see he doesn't just post in the FS threads, loads of people on here have dealt with him and got good instruments. Moreover the basses are all relatively correctly priced, although clearly 'business' prices he isn't ripping anyone off. Moreover as we always come back to the market determines the price, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it, if I really wanted a sunburst 79 stinger I'm sure I wouldn't baulk at the price being asked.

I've no issue with the debate over the sunburst finish or the pickguard though, I think it's a fair call and if you don't want elements of any sale discussed then you shouldn't advertise stuff on a DISCUSSION forum that is part of a genuine community of enthusiasts. I don't think making an unverifiable claim that everything is original when you don't know that is and then moaning when you get pulled up on it is very gracious, this place relies on trust.

ehehe Nick you can get always a bit of discount from me...

about the bass ..again finish is 100% original sunburst of the time...let's say pickguard is not original (i will modify my beginning post)

about the dealer or not..everyone has the liberty to believe what prefers....i have seen people selling hundreds of instruments on forums ( referring to talkbass or similar) , i simply like to buy try trade collect basses and sell them if i need to sell of i simply want to change instruments , i don't see something strange in that....don't seems i force people to buy my basses..if you like them you can buy or trade them (as someone also in this forum did and was pleased with them) if not simply don't do it....i really don't get the point of some of your threads

i suppose some of you can be think of the dealer thing..cause i made a website...i just did this website for have a database of my old basses and easily have a place to put the pictures of them..that's it

Edited by Hiperi0n

• 2 weeks later...