Why become a member? ×

SOLD

TimmyC

I recently got this from Kingbassists but I unfortunately have to let it go. I know that I don't get on with 5 strings that well but it looked such a stunner (and it is!) I could hardly let it pass. Due to my naivety, here it is. I also only really have space for one bass at uni and this would always play second fiddle to my 4 string of choice, it would feel silly to leave this beauty at home unplayed. I feel kind of bad because Ian did me a deal so I'm going to let it go for exactly what I paid which was [u][b]£850.[/b][/u] This is a hell of a lot of bass for that money!

[u]Details:[/u]

This bass was originally built at the Bass Gallery (Sei) for Paul Turner (Jamiroquai) by Chris McIntyre and the team. It was later sent off to Chris McIntyre after he left the gallery for some work which included the neck being re-lacquered; at this time the name on the headstock was changed.

Ash body
Flame Maple neck
Rosewood Fingerboard with Oval inlays
Neck Binding
Blue side position L.E.D.s
Bartolini Soapbar pick-ups
3 Band Bartolini preamp
Coil taps for both pick-ups
Strap Locks
Comfort Strap

[u]Preamp Controls:[/u]

Volume (with pull pot for the Led’s)
Pickup balance
Middle
Bass/Treble (stacked)

There are also two 3 position switches for Humbucker, Single Coil (series) and Single Coil (Parallel)

[u]Modifications by Chris McIntyre[/u]

Neck re-lacquered with AC lacquer and McIntyre name added
New nut fitted. Ebony/Aluminium
New frets
New ‘crushed ice’ scratch plate added
New truss rod cover added
Bolts and cups renewed at neck joint

Overall condition is very good with just a few marks to the bottom of the bass. A Hiscox Liteflite case and comfort strap is also included.

Cash on collection from Poole (south coast) or I can ship for £12 and payment can be made by cheque.

Paypal is fine but the buyer had to cover costs. Bass + Postage + Paypal = £892

Thanks
Tim

Edited by TimmyC

Just to add that those Bart pickups (BCs I believe) are superb - they do a brilliant Jazz bass sound with more clarity and fullness than you can shake a stick at.

I haven't played this bass but had a very similar one with the BC pickups..

ped

[quote name='Toasted' post='275827' date='Sep 2 2008, 09:58 PM']Is it possible for you to weigh it? :)[/quote]

Sorry I don't have any scales...

Its not super light nor super heavy. Sorry that doesn't really help. I'm a small guy and it feels fine to me...

I'll try an get some scales soonish

It is actually painful for me to look at this, I cannot describe how much i want it, especially as I love Mr Turner (nice chap, and one cool Cat).

Right where is that credit card application form......

That looks awesome man - I'm lusting after a Jazz type bass and I want it to be a Sei - but I think it's going to have to be made specially for me - but that is a stunner - I'm sure whoever bags it in the end will be a very happy bunny indeed.

Good luck with the sale.

M