Why become a member? ×

Limelight 1963 P Bass Shell Pink now £600 On Hold
£750

peety

This is a bit of a feeler to see if there is any interest out there, Bass is only 3 months old however I can't get past the fact that I always go back to my Lakland BG and this is to good a bass to have sat on a stand as a back up.

It's a shell pink medium/heavy relic with matching headstock with rosewood board,rolled finger board with clay dots,tort guard,reverse gotoh tuners, thumb rest ,bridge pickup cover, bass also comes with a Thomann tweed hard case, the bass is strung with Lakland medium guage flats.

The shell pink was a custom colour so was an extra cost as was the matching headstock and bridge cover.

Not really looking for trades however could be tempted by a cheaper P bass to use as a back up plus cash my way.

Looking for £750 which will include postage, bass is in Wigan and if you want to collect the price will be £725 with a brew and maybe biscuits thrown in, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them

Edited by peety

Oh no! I'm trying to sell a couple of basses
and this turns up in the for sale section!
How am I going to cure my GAS? lol

Lovely colour - I think shell pink has become my favourite
and with that tort plate, and great relic job - this is simply stunning!

One question though
Is this the Limelight I recall having a Jazz width neck?
i.e. "C" profile?

GLWTS
Someone buy it quick - before I end up with another bass ;)

It is definitely the best colour combo
and a great relic job (as Mark at Limelight always seems to do)
Sadly, the P width neck is not for me
But if it was - I'd jump at this one

..... so have another bump
Just because your bass looks so fantastic :)

EDIT: I've played a couple of Limelights
and they've both been superbly put together instruments
So if you're looking for a great P bass - get this one :)

Edited by Marc S

As a former Limelight owner, I can attest to the superb quality, feel and playability of these instruments - a real pleasure to play and none of the stress of getting dings in gig situations. Fantastic colour and the sound of these things is immense - I know there's some conjecture as to the source of the pickups but the Js in mine sounded amazing - very vintage Fender. This is an absolute steal at this price - I don't need another bass but I'm really tempted. Good luck - 'really shouldn't need it

[quote name='pbasspecial' timestamp='1439481415' post='2843278']
I absolutely love the colour of this bass. Think it might possibly be a bit too 'reliced' for some people's taste. I love it.
[/quote]

Yes you may be right the relicing thing is very subjective, all i can say is that if you can get past that its a superb bass