Why become a member? ×

5-string Yamaha SBV

This seems to be a rare beast. Seller is a BC member, if the name is anything to go by.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-BJ5B-Bass-Guitar-Terry-The-Blue-Jeans-5-String-SBV-Model-/191622594243?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9d98bec3

Also, that's a really, really narrow nut on a fiver...

BRX has quite a collection of these weird sisters if my memory serves me correctly. I like this a lot, but skintness prevents me from considering it even briefly :(

[quote][font="Arial"][b]Weight:[/b] 5.7kg[/quote][/font]

[font="Arial"]12.5lbs. Blige, that must be like wearing a sofa. :blink: [/font]

Hi there! Yes this is mine. I've been having a bit of a clear out trying to get by collection down to basses that actually get used.

Yes the nut is quiet narrow and the bass does weigh a bit, but I can't say that either have actually been a problem for me. In fact the weight of the body means that this version balances a lot better on the strap than the much lighter 4-string SBV and coupled with a comfort strap I find it very easy to wear.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1436199448' post='2815891']
I have coveted that since I first saw it.

But with my back -nothing over 9.5 lb gets in my house. Gutted.
[/quote]

I've always found that balance is far more important than weight for comfort, but then I don't have any back problems...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1436184911' post='2815667']
Hi there! Yes this is mine. I've been having a bit of a clear out trying to get by collection down to basses that actually get used.
[/quote] Put me down as another who has lusted after this since the first time I saw it. Sadly I don't have that kind of cash readily available. :( Lets hope it goes to another Basschatter so my dream can live on some more...

Right now it looks like it might be on it's way back out of the UK.

I'll be sorry to see it go, but apart form the awesome looks it doesn't do anything I can't do at least as well on my Red Gus G3 Bass. It's also a bit too big to safely wield at most of the venues we play without it being a danger to both band and audience!

This is the only one I've ever seen come up for sale since I discovered that a 5-string "SBV" existed. Not really surprising when you consider that it was a limited edition of just 50 and that Terry And The Blue Jeans are very popular in Japan.