Why become a member? ×

Just seen primus at Brixton ., need help. Try not to spoil gig for others

..saw them ca couple of times before. This time , half cut . Expected new stuff first .,,
Sound was worse than crap. The videos meant nothing, as I haven't got new stuff .
They played - song 3 times.

Thankfully they played a lt of faves. Trying to workout hiw many songs I mussed.
Got thete 3,songs before Johnny the fisherman .

My friend went with an open mind and liked them . Could not hear les Vox ,
Did I enjoy it ?? Not so sure .

They played Wonka in its entirety so the repeated songs were probably the Oompah Loompah theme. I was central downstairs for the first set, not great sound but not terrible. In the interval I got a drink (2-pint plastic of Tuborg = £10.50) and watched the Wonka set from off to one side, a bit further back - much better.

Full setlist will appear here at some point http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/primus-6bd69e5e.html - or you can cobble it together from previous shows.

I really enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't have done on a mix of Guinness, lager and cider. Happy day off!

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435103228' post='2805586']
Guinness / lager/ cider. Normally drink sensibly .at home now . Green And blacks before sleep. Day off tomorrow to dry out.
What a strange night ;)
[/quote]

Any night would look strange to me on a mix of Guiness, Lager and Cider. I suspect your typing may have suffered slightly from the influence of the refreshments (!), but I hope you feel ok when you are up and about. I prescribe 2 paracetamol, a large Lucozade Orange and a bacon sandwich - repeat the first two as required.

Mother of all hangovers till 9am. Better now ;)
Keeping up with younger people can be tiring.

That woman at the bar , heard me telling my friend about les. and fretless bass. Her son was up the front . I could've mentioned. Basschat , but it was more out of my face chat .
Reason for the mixture of drinks ??Hot day 1 pint cider. Stayed on Guinness . Friend got more cider in error, in venue - no cider! Crappy lager instead . And you're really gonna believe that .;)9

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Setlist now available at http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2015/o2-academy-brixton-london-england-4bc9773a.html

Did anyone else hear an Oom-pah** version of La Villa Strangiato in the interval?

** as in German brass band, not Oompah Loompahs. At how many other gigs does one need to make this distinction?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1435138249' post='2805763']
Breakfast hangover cure: Two tins of 'K' Cider chugged in one go, followed by a generous line of Meth. You're welcome! :D
[/quote]

Bizarrely enough, I had 1 slice of ryvita with peanut butter, and a glass of coconut & pineapple . I just did some gardening,had bath,now in caffe Nero ( black coffee / gingerbread man). Off to waitrose to get some steak and chicken , and of course Lucozade.
I feel great, but I live a bizarre life;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1435138249' post='2805763']
Breakfast hangover cure: Two tins of 'K' Cider chugged in one go, followed by a generous line of Meth.
[/quote]
[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435144847' post='2805877']
I had 1 slice of Ryvita with peanut butter, and a glass of coconut & pineapple .
[/quote]

Wow, how weird is that? I must be psychic!! :lol:

Edited by discreet

My son was there - in the mosh-pit (is that what it's called?).
I picked him up and drove him home - saw dawn breaking at 03:00hrs.
He and his mates had a great time just drinking water - no alcohol or chemicals.
Like his Dad, he learned his lesson at the age of 20 and can have a good time without 'em.
Blimey, don't I sound like a sanctimonious old git? :rolleyes:

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435099646' post='2805562']
..saw them ca couple of times before. This time , half cut . Expected new stuff first .,,
Sound was worse than crap. The videos meant nothing, as I haven't got new stuff .
They played - song 3 times.

Thankfully they played a lt of faves. Trying to workout hiw many songs I mussed.
Got thete 3,songs before Johnny the fisherman .

My friend went with an open mind and liked them . Could not hear les Vox ,
Did I enjoy it ?? Not so sure .
[/quote]

"I'll have what he's having"

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1435140904' post='2805805']
Setlist now available at http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2015/o2-academy-brixton-london-england-4bc9773a.html

Did anyone else hear an Oom-pah** version of La Villa Strangiato in the interval?

** as in German brass band, not Oompah Loompahs. At how many other gigs does one need to make this distinction?
[/quote]
Cheers for that ;) we came in the middle of Wynona